Boson Village IV - Return of the Vampires to Bosonville

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Sep 17, 2010.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Still looking for more players - step right up! :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

(OOC) surely the adverts should be enough encouragement for people to sign up and play at the moment, if we keep the frilly knickers conversation going then the ads can only get better surely :p

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. BosonMichael

:blink

Hey, whatever you decide to do in your village is between you and the other villagers... :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. BosonMichael

You would hope so. We had 12 last game... and the numbers seem to be decreasing each time. I'd like to have at least 12 again, so I'll keep registrations open for a bit longer. Worst case scenario, we will start on Monday with whatever players we end up with.

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

If you keep up with the frilly knickers I just might have to change my profession to town bike again. :sexie

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Why, have you changed it? :dry

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. BosonMichael

So... we've only got nine, eh? Ah, well, we will make do, though it will likely be a short game. :(

I'm sending out Roles today.

8. BosonMichael

Current player list:

1. Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery (JonnyMX)
    2. Old Shizam Oopta Ma'nees the Sewage Worker (twizzle)
    3. Vet Ant Bublés the Innkeeper (jay_s_uk)
    4. Andreas Desforges the Scribe (Josiahb)
    5. Issa the Seamstress (alicat)
    6. Zachary Rustbucket the Blacksmith (reddevil12)
    7. Captain Jack of the Royal Guards (nugget)
    8. Fred the Witch Hunter (GSteer)
    9. jk2447

9. BosonMichael

Roles have been sent - please let me know if you did not receive yours.

Here's a review of how the nomination and voting system works:
    - The first person to get two nominations will be put up to a vote; you may not nominate yourself.
    - As soon as someone has received a second nomination, voting can begin on that person - no need to wait for the Moderator!
    - A :thumbleft means you want to Spare the person's life, and a :thumbdwn means you want to Stake the accused - you know, like Caesar does it in the arena.
    - Those who nominated the individual will automatically vote for the accused to be Staked.
    - The nominated party must get a majority of "down" votes to be Staked; a tie vote will Spare the accused.

Let's say John Doe gets nominated twice. Voting begins; when the dust settles, the voting might look like this:

In the above example, John would be Spared, because he did not receive a majority of :thumbdwn votes.

The Mayor election (which happens at the beginning of the game) will work similarly:
    - The first person to get two nominations will be put up for Mayor.
    - A :thumbleft means you want to vote for that person to be Mayor, and a :thumbdwn means you don't want that person to be Mayor (those who nominated the Mayor will automatically vote :thumbleft).
    - The nominated party must get a majority of "up" votes to become Mayor.

Whoever becomes Mayor will have their vote counted twice for the rest of the game.

Let the nominations for Mayor begin!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  10. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

There's only one ********** man who's man enough to be mayor in this town of frilly **** knickers and pooftas. That's right, ****** yours truly.

But since I can't nominate my ****** self, I nominate that other upstanding and low swinging specimen of manhood, Captain Jack.

A man with facial hair that ***** tidy has got to be a man of honour.

11. alicat

alicat Nibble Poster

:thumbleft I also cast my vote for Captain Jack. He is ever so dashing in his uniform. I would love to see what kind of underwear he keeps on under his....

Certifications: BA, ISEB Software Testing, N+, MCP
    WIP: 70-646
  12. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

As much as his language is a little ripe I have to say the best candidate for mayor has to be Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery, for two reasons:

1. Firstly hes a complete bastard so won't pull his punches when it comes to dealing with anything nasty.
    2. Second, it makes for far better material for my new book.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  13. BosonMichael

As Captain Jack has been nominated twice for Mayor, he's up for the vote. Please vote whether you want to vote for Captain Jack as Mayor :thumbleft or not :thumbdwn.

Vote to Elect Captain Jack for Mayor

:thumbleft Votes: 5
    Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery (JonnyMX)
    Issa the Seamstress (alicat)
    Zachary Rustbucket the Blacksmith (reddevil12)
    Old Shizam Oopta Ma'nees the Sewage Worker (twizzle)
    jk2447 the Stranger (jk2447)

:thumbdwn Votes: 1
    Vet Ant Bublés the Innkeeper (jay_s_uk)

Not Yet Voted:
    Andreas Desforges the Scribe (Josiahb)
    Captain Jack of the Royal Guards (nugget)
    Fred the Witch Hunter (GSteer)

Five :thumbleft votes will elect Captain Jack as Mayor. If Captain Jack is not elected, Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery will have one nomination and will need a second.

14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Too ****** right, sunshine.
    The last nasty ******** *** that crossed paths with Dick Battery got a ********** good punch right up the ****** ***** and *****.

Taught him a ***** lesson, let me tell you.

15. jay_s_uk

jay_s_uk Bit Poster

:thumbdwn to Captain Jack
    :thumbleft for Dick Battery

Certifications: HNC Mechanical Engineer
    WIP: Computing Degree, 70-680
  16. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

:thumbleft for Capt Jack

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  17. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

:thumbleft for captain jack, he's a man who'll stand tall when the effluence hits the fan! and trust me i know effluence when i smells it... well i would if i ad sense o smell. Oi! I wouldnt light that cigar too close to me if i weren you, might get a bigger bang than ya wanted.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  18. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Hi all, sorry I'm late, I'm jk2447 which is my name and also my model number so I'll be requiring your clothes, boots and motorcycles. If anyones got any ray bans also that would be super! I vote the captain for mayor, failing him I vote terry my blue ray player:thumbleft

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  19. BosonMichael

Captain Jack has been named Mayor of Bosonville.

Vote to Elect Captain Jack for Mayor

:thumbleft Votes: 5
    Detective-Sheriff Dick Battery (JonnyMX)
    Issa the Seamstress (alicat)
    Zachary Rustbucket the Blacksmith (reddevil12)
    Old Shizam Oopta Ma'nees the Sewage Worker (twizzle)
    jk2447 the Stranger (jk2447)

:thumbdwn Votes: 1
    Vet Ant Bublés the Innkeeper (jay_s_uk)

Did Not Vote:
    Andreas Desforges the Scribe (Josiahb)
    Captain Jack of the Royal Guards (nugget)
    Fred the Witch Hunter (GSteer)

20. BosonMichael

After you elect Captain Jack to be Mayor, Matt, the local Metalsmith, announces that he has developed a batch of silver-tipped stakes. These stakes, though untested, should reveal whether you have Staked a human Villager or a Vampire.

Day 1

The Vampires must not have liked that new invention, because Matt the Metalsmith ends up dead the next day. It is clear that Vampires must be living amongst the Villagers.

The Villagers assemble together to debate who might be suspected of being a Vampire. Looks like Matt's stakes are going to see some use!

Nominations, anyone?