Booked 290

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Ambushed, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Have you claimed your welcome pack from Microsoft yet? It will have MCP or MCTS on it.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Gary B

Gary B Nibble Poster

It all seems pretty clear that the 620 as a new certification gives you the new credential of MCTS and NOT an old credential of MCP - why would it do that?

MCP's are being phased out in favour of the new titles so they're not going to issue and old credential with a new title are they.

When you've remembered all the answers for the 290 and passed, then you'll be an MCP on paper at least

Certifications: MCSA 2003
    WIP: You tell me
  3. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

Ahh no I haven't received it yet, does it automatically get sent to my address after I pass the exam or do I have to request it from the website?

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You need to login to the MCP site (https://mcp.microsoft.com) and claim it mate. Its listed under welcome packs and it will tell you which ones you can claim.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

I'm in logo builder now btw and its got both MCP and MCTS

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Good for you ! :biggrin

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)