bloody neighbours

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Bambino1506, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Bloody neighbours kept me and my family up till 4am last night with drunken shouting and laughter :x:x:x:x

Banged on the wall and said keep it down, this made them be louder....the mrs had to stop me from going round there.

I called the police at 1am and they didn't want to know, suprise suprise.

This happens every weekend, not as bad as this but bad enough.

The guy thats moved in there is a spiteful little chav and I'm so tempted to floor him the next time he walks past.

The most annoying part is that my mrs is very ill with liver problems after the baby and really needs her sleep :(, makes me so angry.

Any ideas guys ? I am phoning my landlord today to complain.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Don't phone the police they aren't going to do anything. You should get in touch with your council's Environmental Health Officers. Keep a diary of when these incidences happen and hand it to them then they will do something about it.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You could do as Wiz says.

Or you could do it my way if you like, the one thing I have learned about di** heads like your neighbour is that if you stand up to them they'll back off.

Tell him your wife is ill and be nice about it but if it happens again wait untill theres not a group them and then tell him either stop or you gonna well lets say deck him

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I wouldn't threaten the guy even if he is a low life. It wouldn't put you on a good standing if you have to complain to your landlord. It may be satisfying to stand upto your neighbour but it is far better let those who are legally able to do something about it do their job, no matter how frustrating it may be.

There are plenty of times I've wanted to knock 10 bells out of someone for annoying me and making my life a misery, but I always think why stoop to their level.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  5. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

if the police get enough complains they'll come out. do you know the neighbours well, get together and make continous complaints.

grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  6. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I had a problem with a near neighbour a few years ago. He came back home in his big white van, horn blaring because another neighbour had parked where he wanted to (not that he had more entitlement to park there). My wife had only recently given birth to our son, and this tw*t was doing my head in.

I went out and remonstrated with the 'gent', who was as pickled as the proverbial herring (remember I said he was trying to park his big white van) and we 'danced' for a few minutes.

I then went back into the house, phoned the police, and told them he was as pie-eyed as a kite; they didn't want to know. Seriously. :x

If the guy has the same landlord as you, then going to the landlord is the best option.

If he isn't, still see what your landlord can do anyway because, even if you moved, the landlord would still have the same issue with another tenant. He won't want the place empty.

I also agree with wiz re the Environmental Health. Councils are keener than ever before to stop this sort of thing happening.

Whatever you do, please don't take the law into your own hands.

All the best mate.

7. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

I would try to talk gently with him. If i doesn't understand i will wait for him in the dark

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  8. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Bambino, the guys here are spot on with their advice! It is so tempting to teach these fools a lesson but it will ,9 times out of 10, backfire on you - you may end up going to prison, or worse, seriously injured! You have to think to yourself what the mindset of these fools are; for instance they don't give a shite about keeping you awake so they may not give a shite about your life in general! These turds have been dragged up from the gutter and NOTHING will change a habit of a lifetime! If these tossers had any sort of sense then they wouldn't do it in the first place! Unfortunatley this is the way the UK is going at the moment - I can't quite pinpoint when this yobbish/chav behaviour came out in the open but it was around 2001. Is it a result of the Thatcher/Major years - or has it come about from the New Labour revolution? Who knows!

So...what to do! Like the guys said report the twerp to the landlord or the council! However, if your wife is ill then she needs you more then ever - I would think about moving out to an area that the chav has not yet colonised.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

landlord first kill him second :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?