Bitcoin Crackdown

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jaron78, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I buy from https://cryptomate.co.uk/

Updating my wallet just now - might chuck another £100 in when it updates. Still learning to be honest so not putting the house up for sale just yet! :)

Also need to work out the best way to sell when the time comes.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Sparky

Looks like it has made the news as well...

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/05/bitco...eing-invented-to-mock-cryptocurrency-7207630/

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    bestazy likes this.
  3. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Others mind sharing what exchange they use? Tried using poloniex and failed automatic verification too many times :(

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

I think I've got accounts on over 10 exchanges now. I just use which ever exchange has the trading pair I want.

Be careful with withdrawals on YoBit(Wallets always in maintenance), Binance and HitBTC though. Very large withdrawal fees on some coins on these. I always try to convert back to ETH before withdrawing. Usually trade with ETH too cause there are a lot of trading pairs and it has relatively low transaction fees.

5. Sparky

Any decent exchanges mate? Trying to buy from cryptomate just now but no joy.

Jaron78 likes this.
  6. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Yeah, I had the same issue.

7. Pseudonym

Quite a few good ones out there, but a lot of the big ones require enhanced verification now and some aren't taking new customers due to high demand.

If you're just trading BTC,ETH,LTC or BCH just use GDAX(Trading version of coinbase/Lower fees than coinbase)

Most of the other ones I was going to suggest are closed for new customers (bittrex, Binance, Bitfinex)

I have an account on BitMEX, although I haven't made any trades on there yet, i've heard a lot of good things about it and doesn't require enhanced verification.
    Cryptopia also has a lot of trading pairs so I'd have a look at that.

If you're looking at buying with fiat though, I'd really go with GDAX. Most only support crypto to crypto exchanges. GDAX has low fees and allows you to get your fiat money onto it. I'd really advise transferring the money to the exchange via SEPA transfer though, you pay a hefty fee when you use a debit card. Extra tip - Open a revolut account, transfer your money to it, and then transfer that money to GDAX. This avoids fees completely. (Until you make a trade)

You can also buy crypto directly with revolut but I think they charge 1.5%

Nyx likes this.
  8. Sparky

Thanks mate - plenty of info there. Did you have to give photoID? Coinbase asking for additional info before creating the account.

9. Pseudonym

I think I did for coinbase unfortunately, yeah. It's a bit of a pain, but try not to FOMO about it. There'll be a bear market back in a couple of weeks probably, just try to get all the verification done and then you'll be all up and running when the prices come back down

10. Sparky

Coinbase seems ok so far - bought some LTC and may convert to Dogecoin later. Still playing around with all of this just now to be honest :)

11. Sparky

Ok - bit of a drop with Dogecoin. :(

Lets stay positive - lol :)

12. teenanna

teenanna Banned

Bitcoin will be fail in coming days.

13. Sparky

Yawn :)

14. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

That is the only intelligent thing she said, mostly just took a big fat stinky dump on the forums...

15. Sparky

We will have the last laugh when we all buy our Porsche 911s with Bitcoins. :)

16. Sparky

17. Pseudonym

I've already got mine on pre-order.

18. Sparky

19. bestazy

bestazy Bit Poster

Profit is taxable in every country on planet earth, why should crypto businesses be treated any differently?

20. Sparky

Exactly - no problem with tax but a complete ban is going too far.

JK2447 likes this.