Best websites to look for contracts?

Discussion in 'IT Contracting' started by nisseki, Jan 22, 2019.

1. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

Hello all,

What websites do you use to find new contracts?

I found all my jobs on Indeed because I like how it gets jobs from most job websites and puts them in like a Google search.

2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Always used to be Jobserve and CWjobs back in my day

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Just about all the permie and contract IT jobs I've scored after 2003 have been via recruiters finding my CV on Jobsite (aka TotalJobs). I've only had two permie jobs direct which was a local authority and the NHS. All the rest have been via agencies. I've had my CV on CWJobs and Jobswerve in the past but never had anyone call me based on finding my CV on those sites. They've always quoted Jobsite to me.

I never apply for the advertised jobs because I suspect most are fake (CV harvesting and "can I have two references" fishing). If there is a real job to be had, and your CV is searchable then you can be sure an agent will find you.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...