Best training courses for 20-270

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mrnkarim, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mrnkarim

mrnkarim New Member

Hi,

My company is offering to pay for me to go on a MCP XP 20-270 training course.

(1) I've got a choice of a course in my own time, the 3-hours-a-week-after-working-hours sort.

OR

(2) Take one week of work and attend an intensive camp.

I am most likely going to go for option (1) as I don’t want to be away from work for a week as I will have a lot to catch up on when I go back.

I've already read through the mind-numbing massive Microsoft self-paced XP training kit book – which I did not learn much from- and am now really learning stuff using Exam Cram 2.

I want to go on a course which will brush over everything. The course would only be 4 weeks long (in the case of option (1)) as I want to sit the exam in little over a month.

Can anyone give me their recommendations for good course providers please????

Thanks in advance,

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'm not sure that you can get the type of course you are after that lets you do it in your own time, unless of course you are talking about self study.

As you have already said that you have worked your way through the MS Book, and are now reading up on the Exam Cram stuff, have you not thought about just getting some exams simulators, such as the transcenders, and trying with these? Then if you feel confident go out and schedule the exam.

If your employer is willing to pay for you to go on a course, why not try to get them to simply pay for your study materials, i.e. books and test preps, and then pay for the exam. This could make you look more favorable with your employer as it wont cost then half as much!

If you're really after a course, and want to do the exam in a month or so, then why not go for the 5 day one that you have been offered? This will help you to refresh on the facts that you need to know, but you may find that it does not go into as much depth as you need.

8)

3. mrnkarim

mrnkarim New Member

Thanks for the response simongrahamuk.

I thought that that might be the answer. Having looked around, there doesn't seem to be any out-of-hours, four week refresher/revsion courses.

My company haven't provided me with a five-day course name, they have asked me to go and find one. Oh, something I forgot to mention, it would have to cost £200 or under also!!!

There must be a 5 day revision course out there for 20-270.

I have just begun with exam cram 2 and hope to finish it in about 3 weeks time. I have already ordered a Transcender CD and will do the questions AFTER I have finsihed reading the exam cram 2 book.

I think your suggest may be right, doing the Transcnder questions will be enough for me to be sure whether I am ready for the exam.

However, if anyone knows about a 5 day revision course out there for 20-270, info would be appreciated... I don't want to turn away a rare gift from my copmany!

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I really think that you're gona struggle with that one, most MS courses that I know of cost about £200 Per DAY!

8)

5. mrnkarim

mrnkarim New Member

LOL, think I'll just stick to doing the Transcender questions!!

I done a language course at a unviersity for £140 for ten months, two times a week so thought I could get a two-sessions-a-week XP course for a month for less than £200, or a five day course for less than £200. How wrong I am!

6. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Of the options mentioned in this thread,
    I would choose the option of
    studying the course in your own time. :)

I think that the studying pace would be
    more relaxed, in my opinion! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+