Best organisations for user rather than customer IT Support

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by NoCompanyIT, Jan 15, 2009.

1. NoCompanyIT

NoCompanyIT Nibble Poster

I need to target different types of organisations and I'd appreciate if anyone can add to this tiny list I have.

- NHS
    - Schools, Colleges, Uni's
    - Councils
    - Police
    - Big Call Centres - manage those PCs
    - Other large firms that have many computer users and don't use an external IT support service

IT Support would involve supporting internal users, colleagues, as opposed to customers, and I'd think they would be more respectful to me than a customer.

Although I have a trial next week on a Helpdesk, I have just applied for ICT Technician at a school as I'd prefer supporting users.

So what kind of companies in the yellow pages could I look for?

Certifications: Bsc (1st)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Unfortunately regardless of whether or not the people you are supporting are external or internal, they are both your customers. Both will treat you nice one day and not so nice the next.

To be honest, what kind of companies you should be looking for... Pick one anyone that uses computers :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Exactly this.

To be honest, NCIT... I think you're overthinking and overanalyzing it all.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!