Beginners books advice please.

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by 5cr3w8all, Oct 23, 2005.

1. 5cr3w8all

5cr3w8all Bit Poster

Hi, I'm very very new to the world of cisco (actually I know nothing) but have been told by my college tutor that , with some hard work I'll be ok :eek: .

I start Jan 06 studying cisco semesters 1-4 and have order from amazon the companion guides 1-2 & 3-4...£44 the pair (local whsmiths wanted £32 each :eek: )

I feel that I should do some additional reading in preperation before starting the course and was wondering if anyone could reccomend some reading material for beginners.

I've seen one called CCNA for Dummies on amazon but it don't get good reviews.

All advice very much appreciated thanks :D

Certifications: none as yet.
    WIP: CCNA and MCSE
  2. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

You can also hit Ebay and grab a few 1720's to set up a network. I would also recommend a copy of Boson software.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I found that The CCNA for Dumies book really helped me understand the concepts I would be studying (currently on ccna semester 4), if somewhat lacking in technical detail.

8)

4. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I also recommend this book.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+