Been offered a job... wait... make that TWO JOBS!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mikeyboy, Dec 1, 2009.

1. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

Many congratulations!!!! I like how this job sounds. Is this your first ever IT job?

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  2. scott-jordy

scott-jordy Bit Poster

Great news good to hear you on the first step in your career good luck:D

Certifications: Ecdl A+ Mcp 271
    WIP: Network + Mcdst Then ????
  3. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Yep! :)

Thanks everyone :)

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  4. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

What was the intrview like? How did you present yourself?

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  5. mo_mukadam

mo_mukadam New Member

Many Congratulations mate! :p

So good to see that perseverance and 'keep at it' attitude does actually pay off!

Very happy for you, and good luck in your new job role, sounds quite interesting

WIP: SCJP
  6. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Cliche as it sounds, I just follow the best advice which is be yourself.. I think it is important to let your personality shine through, I wasn't afraid to have a bit of a joke and a laugh with the interviewers... Also don't bullsh!t and use buzz words (my pet hate lol) as it is easy to see through IMO.

I have done quite a few interviews recently, my first one went quite terribly (I thought) but even they offered me more than was advertised for the job and were keen to get me back for a second, so I guess just being yourself and being honest and sincere are the best bits of advice I could give to anyone in the same position.

Also take as many interviews as you can, even for jobs you aren't really interested in, as the more you do the easier it gets, and gets you more used to being in that pressure situation and answering the same sort of questions each time - I think interviews I have done where I wasn't even that bothered about the job went very well, perhaps it was just because it takes the pressure off the situation.

One last thing I would say if you are in interviews is ask loads of questions at the end, as I have always done this, and they always come back and say how keen I am because I asked loads of questions :)

So some food for thought there! Will respond to your PM later too ok :)

7. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

Congratulations Mikey! I'm really happy for you and glad that your hard work and perseverance finally paid off, it sounds like a great first IT job, please keep us posted in a week or so and let us know how its going :D, I will be aiming for that exact same role once I complete my Comptia A+ and hope to end up like you have :)

Well done matey and hope the new position goes well for you! :p

(Keep us posted :thumbleft)

WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  8. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Thanks for all your messages guys! It still hasn't hit me yet lol...

I won't be starting the job until January, agreed with them that it was a bit weird to start just before Christmas so will be a new year and a new start! Just means I am in this crap hole for a few more weeks lol... but that's a few weeks extra pay :)