BBC Radio 5 Live

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Johnd76, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Why is it that BBC radio 5 Live need 2 or 3 men to commentate on one football game! no wonder my TV licence is so high! just so they can pay their wages!!

Maybe i should get out more if this is the kind of thing that bugs me! :blink

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The BBC suck in general, there's only been one good tv programme on there recently an that was Jekyll, but it still didn't justify a license.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

Maybe we should get something going to get the licence fee stopped!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  4. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

What you dont Like Dr Who:ohmy

WIP: C++ and A+
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I think sometimes we don't realise how good we have it with the BBC
    I would happily pay the license from abroad if it meant I could always get bbc news 24, full access to the website and iplayer

I dont listen to bbc radio, don't listen to sport and don't watch much tv, so all of that doesnt bother me, I just want decent up to the minute news

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

We get BBC America and BBC World (which is BBC News 24 on a global-esque level) here in Cayman for 'free' here with the basic cable package. You can get the same channels on cable or dish in the USA and when I lived in Canada it was free with the basic Rogers cable package too.

You'll get your BBC fix in the USA sir! :)

On a slightly OT touch, I am at work today for the game between Spain and Russia at Euro 2008. Does anyone know of any good radio streams for the game (in English preferably) that I can tune in to from outside the UK?

Mercy boo-cup!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  7. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I don't watch much on the BBC at all, maybe one show a week. I listen to Radio1 a lot, but those things alone are not worth the license fee. Most of the stuff they churn out is bilge. Thank God for Sky+ :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Forgot about Dr Who for some reason , well atleast there's two progs I like on the BBC.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

I've just listened to the Greece V Sweden game on 5 live, it had Steve Maclaren on there, he's got a nerve!!! If it wasn't for him (and the shower that is the England national team) we'd be there!

I love the BBC, can't stand Sky, I have it, I can't say I watch anything except the football and the cricket. MTV ceased to be good from about 2000 onwards (maybe it was just the music on there :rolleyes:)

Phoenix is right on News 24, I must have watched that in dozens of places around the world....

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  10. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

did you have to mention that mans name:x He should be done under the trades description act portraying himself as a football manager ARRRRRHHHHH:box2:dunce. Sorry feel better now, but for gods sake dont mention the champions league final:cry:

WIP: C++ and A+