Battlefield 3 anyone?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by GiddyG, Oct 24, 2011.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I'm getting this game, for the XBox, on Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm taking my youngest fella down to Game with me, so he can 'savour' the atmosphere to be had on new release day.

I didn't think I would get it, because the graphics on the Beta were naff. However, one of the guys in the local store said he's been to E3 and played the proper game (not the Beta) and it was amazing. So, I'm going to give it a go.

I think MW3 will be on the Christmas list though, just in case. :)

2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Think i'll be buying it too, does look good

Not sure to go for xbox or PC yet, think i'll give the xbox a go - in any case if your on XBL - add me, StripyCarrot

:mrgreen:

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I am thinking on getting it as well... On the Xbox though. MW3 is the game I am waiting for!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm considering it for Christmas also, will be done with Skyrim by then :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. GiddyG

Got BF3 yesterday. Have to say it kicks serious ass. It comes with 2 discs, one for single player campaign, and the other for Multi-Player, Co-Op and HD. So, if you've got HD capability, and a hard drive to install the files on, you're going to see some really great stuff on the screen.

In multiplayer you get to ride and drive all sorts of vehicles, including tanks and helicopters. :-)

So far, I'd give it a 9.5/10.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'll be getting it on the PC :)

So far the two cheapest places to purchase BF3 is Zavvi (you get a free 3 month sub with it) and Simplygames. Both are offering it for £29.85

Does this game have LAN capabilities? Or is it online only?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. GiddyG

I believe you will get far bigger multiplayer on the PC version... 64 as opposed to 24, with presumably a bigger map area.

8. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

Been playing this on the PC since yesterday and really enjoying it

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  9. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

Got this on Friday and I have to say WOW! this is a awesome game. Only problem when you try to join with friends in a squad you get put onto different teams. Very strange hope this gets fixed soon.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
    Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  10. csx

csx Megabyte Poster

Got this for the 360, loving it so far! Have some issues trying to get games and some odd lag... other than that all good. :)

I believe the team issue is being address I read on another forum!

Certifications: A+, Network+, 70-271 & 70-272, CCENT, VCP5-DCV and CCNA
    WIP: Citrix
  11. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Think i may go and buy this on the 360 at lunchtime today :D

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  12. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have a 64 slot PC server running for this, it's hosted on the Killer Creations network which offers really good latency and support.

Anyone interested in the server please do a search for "Baa Baa Moo" in the server browser.

Anyone with the clan tag [BBM] on that server are admins (myself and two life long friends).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  13. Boffy

Boffy Megabyte Poster

So, what's the thought on BF3? Does anyone played it on both PC & 360?

I got a 2008 iMac which I'm tempted to bootcamp and try it out. Not sure whether it meets the specs, but I'll have to check.

Or, I'll use my housemate's Xbox360 (and pay for a Live account).

Certifications: BSc Computer Game Technology, A+
    WIP: MOS 2010