Back on the gym roll

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Ryan, Apr 15, 2008.

1. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

I'm fanatical about fitness and strict on my nutrition. Because of this I hover at around 210 lb's lean. A few years back some friends commented on how i was big but not "fit" since then I've taken to regular running and maintained the size as well (through proper diet). :p

Just in the next few weeks alone I've got a 26 mile mountain marathon in wales, a 10k race, an (attempted) run up snowdon then a few weeks after that the Three peaks challenge. Might take a couple of months of then to focus on the weights (the cardio decreases my strength) then its half marathon season.

My girlfriends also really into her fitness and also does Tae Kwon do. Shes won a few golds

I say fair play to anyone who does it and sticks to it. It pays off in the long run. Aside from sickness and holidays I've been excercising a minimum of three times a week since I was 20

Oh the reason for all this? I was diagnose with a "correctable" heart condition at 19 which really helped reinforce the importance of diet and excercise. I had corrective surgery last year in fact the week after passing my MCP. I now feel ggggrrrreeeaaaaaaat8)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  2. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Well the gym is now calling me. I've got a start date for new work as 13/05/08. I handed in my 4 week notice today and current work put me on gardening leave.

All excuses not to go to the gym blown out of the water.

Does anyone know a decent site for a starters workout routine. I aint been properly in about 2years.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  3. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Certifications: A few.
  4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

BodyBuilding.com is a local (for me) company. When I worked as a postie, I picked up their outgoing shipments from time to time. Great bunch of guys.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

There websites is one of the best I have found on the web, loads of useful info. Were all the guys who worked there HUGE!

Certifications: A few.
  7. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I actually worked out today... new recreation center opened up near our house... we took the kids swimming, then they all went home while I ran on the treadmill and rode the e-bike.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!