Back on the Cert Trail

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jaron78, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Well Good Afternoon fellow IT Buddies,

I hope I find you all well?

Well I started a new job (Second Line Support) in June 2011 and it has been mad. Great fun, really interesting, though what feels like quite a bit of resentment from the 3rd Line but then we are an external support dept so.....

Anyway, after 10 months its finally time to get back on the Cert trail. With that in mind, Im looking to have the Network+ done by end of May, then make a start on the 70-680 for the MCIP then 70-685 for the MCITP before 2013.....also considering looking for a new role come October / November too :D

In regards to the Cert Trail, would this be a realistic path and time frame?

Thanks, and its good to be back :)

2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Hi,

this will very much depend on your day-to-day exposure.

If these fit your working experience well then I'd say you'd be finished with those sooner than that, but this will also depend on how much time you have to study.

I've not taken the Network+ but after I completed the MCDST, I took on both the 680 & 685 together and passed in 3 months.

HTH!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

good luck ronald!

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation