Baby son born

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by onoski, Dec 10, 2011.

1. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congrats onoski & missus! - hope you've got yourself into the change of life already! Don't have any myself, and can't really imagine it either, but watching a couple of nephews grow up I bet you'll have an amazing time.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  2. MartinCoxxx

MartinCoxxx New Member

Don't use Dr Browns anti-colic bottles! There's about 7 pieces to each bottle and washing / sterilising 8 x 7 tiny pieces with a little pipe cleaner can quickly become tedious! :eek:

I recently became a Dad and in all honesty, it has been really tough, both adjusting to caring for a baby and coping with the inconsolable screaming during a phase of 'colic'. Without a doubt there are some hard times ahead of you in these first few weeks, but just keep in mind that it's not forever. Our little girl is 3 and a half months old now and just like a little person with a real personality and everything - it's incredible.

The most important piece of advice I can give from my recent experience is to always support each other as much as possible. Regardless of how tired and exhausted you are, how much stress you are under at work or how close to the edge you feel; always be civil, calm and loving towards each other. In my opinion, this can be one of the most testing times in your life - just remember the joy of finding out that you were going to be parents and remind yourself of why you are here.

You may on the other hand have the perfect baby, in which case you can completely ignore my advice!

:)

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSA, MCSE
    onoski likes this.
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks Martin, as your advise is spot on. Well our baby son is not perfect as he cries the most at night time and sometimes only calms down after 7am. However, I don't think he has colic as I heard he would cry the most if he did had colic.

My wife is learning to rest and sleep when baby sleeps to gather enough stamina for when he wakes up at night time. Funny enough he doesn't cry in the day time just night time but luckily not excessively.

I get up and make he's milk at night time and wash and sterilize he's bottle too and hasn't been too bad as we're using the Advent anti colic bottles and has only three bottles in total.

Thanks again, as am looking forward to the month when baby sleeps through the night without much fussyness:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congratulations, Onoski:D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Congrats mate, takes me back, our second is due in April, can't wait. Merry Xmas mate
    James

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. tomshawk

tomshawk Byte Poster

Congratulations, a baby is a wonderful thing. Some nights it may not seem like it, keeping you up at all hours of the night. but.

My only daughter is getting ready to turn 14 and she is the love of my life.

You think you know love when you met your wife, but, nothing compares to holding your baby, and molding her into a intellegent young woman. ;)

Certifications: MCSE/NT4, MCP/2K3, MCP+I, CCNA, Net+, A+
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Thanks all for your kind words and advise, appreciated:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. steve_p1981

steve_p1981 Byte Poster

Got all that in the bag ready to go. got a 6 pack of energy drinks and a fair amount of chocolate covered goodies lol. will be nice to see the baby come into theworld at last ha ha.

Certifications: A+ 220-701 and 220-702
    WIP: none at current but poss 70-680 soon