audio learning for the n+, and lab practice/

Discussion in 'Network+' started by richrolls, Jan 23, 2013.

1. richrolls

richrolls Bit Poster

Hi all,

I started self studying the N+ cert a small while ago, I am using the Proffesor Messer vids, an N+ exam simulator and have ordered the Mike Meyers most recent study guide. Am hoping these should be enough to give me what I need to pass however was wondering if any one is aware of a good reasonably priced MP3 audio book or equivelent audio based study for the N+ which would compliment the above, oh yeh and also for a reasonable price :)

Also just wondering from any one who has passed recently, is any virtual lab time needed to pass the exam eg building mock labs etc?

Many thanks to all in advance, and a belated happy new year!

Rich

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I have not taken the N+ myself, maybe take a look at the audible site

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I can't comment on the audio training as its not something I've ever used. When I done the Network+ I used the Meyers AIO and a few videos and it saw me through without too much trouble.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Ditto. It sounds to me like - between Messer, Meyers and a simulator - you've got yourself fairly well covered. I don't know of any audio. One thing I did before, with a MS course, was use a WMV->MP3 converter, to capture the audio of a bunch of videos. I'd watched them already, but it was a good refresher to listen to them in the car on the commute home.

No idea if that helps you at all in this situation tho - sorry.

If you really study what you have - you should pass it anyway. Just make sure that at least a week before the exam you use the test bank that comes with the Meyers book (or find some practice questions from some reputable source, e.g. MeasureUp, Exam Cram, whatever...) Practice questions are good for final prep.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  5. Thomas7918

Thomas7918 Bit Poster

Kind of old thread but Ultra Hal text to speech is one of the better free options. It worked pretty well with pdf files once pw was removed and as The Zig made mention of there are numerous app that will parse the audio out of a video, mind you both these options require time to implement.