ATI 9600XT Blown

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ian_S, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Ian_S

Ian_S New Member

Hi. I was unfortunate enough to buy a new computer through our parent company purchasing scheme... the graphics card was an ATI 9600XT with a fan on it about as powerful as a sickly fly. Alas the card has blown and I am in the market for a new one. I have been looking around and as I am still on an AGP interface I was looking at the X700 and X800 range. I know the X800 is pretty top notch as the price reflects so I was thinking of plumping for the X700?

OK after all my rambling my question is does anyone know how the X700 compares to the 9600XT? I have looked on the ATI web site and compared the hardware but wondered if anyone has had hands-on experience and compared the 2 cards?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Certifications: None as yet.
    WIP: A+
  2. Ian_S

Ian_S New Member

Hi... actually I have just been looking around and I think the best bet is the X800PRO - seems to be reasonably priced. Would still be interested if anyone has any comments.

Certifications: None as yet.
    WIP: A+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hi mate,

review of the X800pro here versus the X800XT - seems like a good high end card, reasonable for the price. Performs well in comparison the to XT, for a good £40 less at least. The only other one I can think of to suggest as comparison (at the moment) is the Geforce 6600 GT.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA