Aspiring MCSA, 70-270 1st - Need study advise

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by John Neerdael, Jan 10, 2009.

1. dwhyte85

dwhyte85 Nibble Poster

Understand RRAS (watch the CBT Nuggets if you have them), understand DNS and how to use it and why to use it, know how to subnet... it's not as hard as it looks convert everything to binary before considering doing anything - best tip i can give you, not always easy if you're base 2 challenged.

For the exam use common sense, things may pop up that you don't know about (i had 4/5 questions on things I had not prepared for) - break down the question and think logically, it is not black magic - it is common sense mainly as you'll have the background knowledge, sometimes the wording totally throws you off.

I have a comp sci degree so i knew alot of this already and have been in and out of IT since 17 so i've had alot of 2003 experience, i was scared that the calculator didn't have scientific (they do!) so, as long as you remember the calculations you will be ok!

Some overlap from 270 too, that definitely helped as things were fresh in my head from that too.

I think if you don't understand it - it would be difficult as i'm sure you've all experienced MS questions in prior exams you've taken, you need to know exactly what the answer is (well, duh) they throw in similar answers which you need to read thoroughly.

As with everything, if you've used it/done it in your day-to-day work it makes it alot easier.

If i've put too much information about the exam please remove, i've been very generic... i think.

Certifications: Bsc. Comp Sci, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, CCENT, MBCS
    WIP: ICND 2, CEH and converting MCSA to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  2. dwhyte85

dwhyte85 Nibble Poster

I was advised by a senior IT guy to take 70-620 as we'll be converting home users to Vista soon (they keep fudging the machines up and they can organize meetings with it, freely).

I read the book, took the exam today - I have to say this is by far the easiest Examination i've taken, ever, comparitive to my GCSEs - although alot of simulations and alot of questions, in all honesty I think the average Computing Vista user with a bit of revision could pass this fairly confidently - I crammed for 3 days and knew alot already as I like to push and break things on my Vista machine, I am disapointed with the exam, has anyone else been shocked at how easy this exam is??

Now an MCP, MCTS & MCSA but I feel kinda 'lucky' 70-620 was just too easy, too little variation in my exam - it was basic knowledge, nothing more.

Certifications: Bsc. Comp Sci, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, CCENT, MBCS
    WIP: ICND 2, CEH and converting MCSA to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator