Are you selling used training software?

Discussion in 'A+' started by ByteMe, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ByteMe

ByteMe Bit Poster

Now that you are certified and do not use it anymore i would be interested as some of these prices are just way above my means. I currently only have the AIO but i would like some other material as well to use to gain knowledge. I am on a very limited budget at the moment and cant afford alot.

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

have you tried your local library?

3. ByteMe

ByteMe Bit Poster

lmao. And i am not laughing out of disrespect but my library does not even have any current books on anything and i dont think the EULA will apply to the library lending out training software from companies like transcender.

That is why i came here to ask as most of you may already be certified and no longer have a need for these items.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am not selling my AIO book because its too valuable, have a look on Amazon you can get it quite cheap on there.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. ByteMe

ByteMe Bit Poster

Already have my AIO, been through it three times now, and am looking for other material now. Amazon is good but never bothered to check to see if they also sell software.

6. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Most training software I have ever come across CBT style stuff and also exam sim products do not have transferable licenses. So if someone is selling them second hand, then effectively they are breaking copyright law.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Modey's right. Every legitimate practice exam and computer-based training product is sold as a non-transferrable single-user license to use the software. Only the person who bought the product can use the product... and they can't legally sell it, rent it, lease it, transfer it, let their buddy use it, or even give it away for free.

Bound books are different - you CAN typically resell those. That said, e-books do come with restrictions on transfer, since it's easy to sell the electronic version (multiple times!) and still keep a version for yourself... thus, it's not legal to do so.

I understand you're on a limited budget... but good training products are worth the expense. Consider it an investment in your career... which will enable you to MAKE money.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!