Are You Left-handed

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by zimbo, Sep 16, 2005.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

thought i might share something with you guys that has happened to me at work alot of times that im starting to get cheesed off with.. has any left handed person tried to install a system fan in the from of the pc? normally you hold it up and scew the scews.. well what if you left handed? you use the left hand to hold the screwdriver and the right to steady it right? well after researching on the net i found that most cases only have the panel empty for right handed folk!! WHAT A MISSION TO GET A FAN IN! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm left-handed but I've lived in the right-handed world for so long, I just put up with stuff like that anymore, almost without noticing.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

I'm left handed as well and I do struggle with some every day things - scissors, tin openers, my knives are always blunt after wifey has sharpened them and lots of other things. There are things that I do do right handed cricket and golf (although I putt left handed). I play all racket sports left handed.

Strangely enough out of the 6 people in our IT Dept 2 of us are left handed. :dry

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

That's interesting. I do almost everything left-handed except play baseball. I throw left-handed but bat right-handed. I've tried batting left-handed but it's too awkward. I have a distinct memory of being about 5 or 6 and a bunch of neighborhood kids teaching me how to hold a bat.

5. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

but then you're doing it correct, right? you should actually pull, not push, the bat with your strongest arm, in your case your left arm, like a backhand at tennis. but most people call that batting righthanded. i'm not really into baseball, so i could be wrong. :biggrin

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I don't really know. I've seen left handed pro ball players bat and throw left-handed so I assume that's how a left hander would feel most comfortable playing...all except me, of course. :tongue

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Snooker fans in the UK will see an amazing example of ambidexterity (oooh, get her !!!) in Ronnie o'Sullivan. Like him or loathe him, he switches handedness with awesome ease.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I'm left handed, but I use the mouse with my right hand. This leaves my left hand free when I'm surfing.
    I wonder how the rest of you manage...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  9. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

SAME AS YOU... i bowl left but bat right... all racket sports with my left.. golf right (putt right) SCREWDRIVER LEFT!!! :twisted:

10. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

hmmm and this free left hand can do other tasks i presume? :twisted:

im the same as you dont worry! thats the right hand mouse... my left just sits on my knew if you wanted to know...
    :biggrin

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Steady, lads. :ohmy

Same here. Use the mouse with my right hand.

12. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

oh yes bat right handed and bowl left (spinner actually) and I use the mouse in my right hand, but can use it the other way round if needed :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  13. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

HEHEHE :biggrin sorry trip and no offence johhny ... im just trying to stick to the thread 8)

:offtopic has anyone else had case problems?

14. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

im not sure what your referrign to in the case, could you not simply spin the case around, are you trying to install the fan while the case is upright? lay it down, and rotate it!

cases are one thing i dont think could really be a problem, I do apologise for the mice though, god knows how leftys use an Intelimouse Explorer :)

Im right handed btw :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  15. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

k let me expalain the cases... the front panel comes off and you let with the grill infront.. behind that you place the fan to blow onto the HD.. okay the left hand side of the case is empty but on the right is the panel where the motherboard sits on.. if only they left some space on the right!! :(

16. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Welcome to IT...where things aren't always designed to be convenient. Or...to quote Super Chicken:

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred". :tongue

BTW...Fred's the lion. :wink:

[​IMG]

17. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

I, too, am left-handed but use the mouse with my
    right hand!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  18. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I am right handed but RSI forced me to use my left hand much more than I used to. Now I prefer to use the mouse with my left hand but I can use either. It leaves my right hand free for more important things like holding my coffee or stubby :berrrand of course smoking :eek:

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  19. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Nice cartoon, Trip! 8)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  20. Aureilius

Aureilius Byte Poster

Decided to try my right hand with the mouse to read the other replies. While not difficult, I was decidedly aware of the difference.

The world might not have been built for us lefties, probably because about 90% of you are righties. But statistically, lefties are smarter.. (test another leftie on that :D )

There are many left-handed people who are ambidextrous, since schools insisted on teaching only right-handed writing. I'm not sure that many right-handed people are ambidextrous.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+