Are they worth paying for

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by C.L.C, Nov 20, 2006.

1. C.L.C

C.L.C Bit Poster

Hi, after looking around at the choices of training I have narrowed it down to either doing the Comptia myself and see where it goes after that (£). My other option is either Advent or Nitl training for the whole MCSE course (££££££).
    After looking around the forum I have noticed people on both training courses with good reports for both. What I would like to know is, has anyone completed with either of these companies & gained the full MCSE (in the 2 year period) and got a job in IT because of them.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+,N+
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Getting a piece of paper to say that you can do the job isn't as good as someone who has the experience of actually doing the job.

What I'm saying is don't read to much into getting a job through a piece of paper.

Whilst getting the MCSE is achievable within two years it will really depend on where your current skills lie, personaly, it would be a hard thing to do with the amount of time and effort you would need to put in ontop of a 'normal' life.

8)

3. C.L.C

C.L.C Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply, but the reason I am looking at one of the "training ctrs" is that they say the same as you and going with them will show companies that I can do it and have not just passed an exam to get the Cert.’s. Also they supply companies with people all the time and "should" be able to place me in work at around 6to8 months of course.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+,N+
  4. Insiderous

Insiderous New Member

Do they really supply companies with people all the time? All of them claim to, but I know how many the companies I worked for REALLY supplied, and it wasn't that impressive. As for getting through MCSE from scratch (I'm assuming you're starting from scratch) inside two years, and getting your first job after 6-8 months study, I think you need to adjust your expectations. In my experience they are both VERY unlikely to happen. Sorry to be negative, but if it was that easy, these companies wouldn't exist.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CIW
    WIP: MCSE W2K3, CCIE
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Actually NITLC don’t make any wild job claims. They do post jobs on their student site and offer advice on C.Vs but that’s it. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs