Are these braindumps?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Stevie, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

I was talking to a guy at work earlier, and mentioned that I was studying for computer certs. This guy said his brother is doing the same thing, and that he is using stuff from www.pass4sure.com

Now, to me it looks like it's braindmps (which I don't approve of), however, the site states that they are practise exams and braindump free. They also offer a money back gaurantee if you don't pass first time.

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I dont know, to me it also seems more like braindumps. Another thing I dont know how well they keep their promise about refunds due to failing the exam because usually this type of guarantee can be given usually if the company knows for sure that the majority who invests in their product is going to pass the exam first shot, and usually its a lot easier with braindumps then studying.

However dont hold me on this, maybe its just as they say practice exam.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Stevie,

Thank you very much for having the integrity to try and verify if a website is a braindump BEFORE using them.

According to CertGuard, pass4sure.com is a certified braindump site.

Source:
    1. CertGuard - The Stronghold for Excellence in IT Certification and Exam Security - www.pass4sure.com - http://www.certguard.com/search.asp?Site=pass4sure.com

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  4. Stevie

Stevie Byte Poster

Personally I wousn't going to use them, just curious about someone else's study material to see if it was any good. Thanks for confirming that it was a braindump site though :)

As I've been building, repairing and upgrading PC's for about 12 years now and taught myself everything that I know, I'm finding it hard to keep interest in the Mike Meyers book. I've just borrowed the CompTIA A+ Certification For Dummies book to see if it my keep my attention for more then 5 minutes at a time! I'll let people know what the book is like after I've read a bit of it :)

WIP: A+, Network+, Security+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Personally, I'd recommend that you discontinue use of the A+ For Dummies book... had a co-worker use that to study, and she failed miserably... TWICE. I turned her on to the Meyers book, and she said that it made all the difference in the world... passed with ease.

Bad study materials can be worse than having no study materials at all.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. BrotherBill

BrotherBill Byte Poster

I'm new here, so you can take my comments for what they're worth. Some say they're worth what you paid for them.

Pass4Sure is definitely a braindump. And chances are, you won't learn much of anything from them. I've heard of people actually failing the exams badly from trying to use their material. You' best bet is to stay away from them.

Lee mentioned CertGuard in a response. Great resource that has long been needed. Here is the address to their search engine. Just type in the name of the site your interested in and wait for the results.

CertGuard Braindump Identifier

They have quite an extensive database on certification resource sites. Well worth a look first.

Michael mentioned the A+ for Dummies. Personally, I'm not impressed with the Dummies series for study material, but I've heard mixed reviews. Some say their good.

Look through some of the book reviews to see what others are using and if you have time, take a trip down to the local book store. A lot of them will let you read through the books a bit to see which ones read well with you. Some of them here in the states even provide a living room type setting and have a coffee bar on hand. You can actually get comfortable while you read.

Hope some of this helps,
    Bill