Are any of these certs worth doing for free

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Nov 2, 2010.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Basically I did my ITIL exam with EXIN and they made a total mess of it. First they said they didn't acknowledge I took the exam and then they somehow lost 3 certs in the post (one turned up after 3 months). I got them to send it by recorded but it cost me £21 in phone calls as their email response is shocking so I wasn't best pleased with the phone bill. So they said they would give me a voucher for one of the below. Are any of these worth doing?

· ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation
    · Microsoft® Operations Framework Foundation (MOFF 4.0)
    · TMap NEXT® Foundation
    · Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

These are my opinion:

Yes

Yes - another best practice framework - with the focus on the technology (rather than business like in ITIL or the end user like in FITS)

Don't know

Yes

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. michael78

cheers wagnerk will have a ponder on which to do as I haven't heard of any of them.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

We of course use MOF at Microsoft, and it's very close to ITIL which means that if you were to attempt it, you should be able to do so with minimum fuss as you've already passed ITIL.

It might be something to consider if you wish to continue working on Microsoft technologies and wish to push this type of evangelisation.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  5. michael78

They have made a uturn and are going to give me my money back. Michael 1 - EXIN 0

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

It's a bonus either way (free exam or money back) :)

-ken

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. michael78

Yeah I wasn't too happy when I saw my phone bill and thought screw that I'm not paying for their cockup so was set for a fight but they have finally given me back my money. I shouldn't of had to pay in the first place if their crappy email support bothered to do their job properly.

I didn't really want to take any of the exams as I have enough in the pipeline to keep me going until the end of 2011.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010