Apple Certified!!

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Jellyman_4eva, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hi guys,

Now I know that this does not belong here...

(Hint hint to forum guys.... - Need Apple section)

But yes I passed the ACHDS 10.4 exam!!!

96%!!!

So amazed....had to tell you all!!

And also, during the learning process, I have learnt why people love mac's and as such, am aiming to replace my desktop with one of the new Intel imacs and run Virtual PC on it for everything Windows related!!!

LOL!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

WOW!!! :beers2 :thumbleft :clap

Congrats Jellyman!
    Btw what does ACHDS actually consist of? is it the MCDST of iMac?

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats Jellyman! :biggrin

4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well done mate! What's next, Orange? :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Great job, Jellyman. You are on fire! :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well done mate...now from someone who works for Apple...I wouldnt be in a hurry to get the new machines with the Intel processors...I am expecting we will be getting calls on customers who are unable to run their old apps on these machines...and to be honest I am not happy about Apple releasing these so early...I was so convinced they wont be available until at least beginning 2007...bringing them out now will only make things worse...but I have to say congratulations on your cert...personally it wouldnt be fitting to an Apple section on the forum (unless Jak thinks otherwise!) its just we're all PC based and thats what this site is mainly about...I am working at Apple purely for the experience...but I have read on the certs and they do look tempting...but in comparison to the likes of the A+ I would say they are on an even par...but thats my theory...again well done mate...all the best...:biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

If I remember right, its kinda like the A+ equivalent...Jellyman might want to correct me on this but I had a brief read on the Apple site and thats what impression I got from it..

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  8. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Congrats Jellyman duuuude!!!

May i ask which study materials you used and how long it took you to study for it?

Objectives (skills assessment) for this cert can be found here:

http://pdf.euro.apple.com/pdf/pn=SAG_SUPT/SAG_SuptEss_104.pdf

Looks more like an XP MCP equivalent cert for OS X than A+.

Cheers and well done :biggrin

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  9. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass :clap

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  10. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

The ACHDS actually consists of just the one exam on 10.4...

The way I view it is basically as an MCP, most closely related to the XP operating system exam in the MCDST..., I think its slightly more involved than A+ OS exam...

For study material I used the one and only Apple certified book on the subject by Peachpit Press and available on Amazon, I belive its called Mac OS X 10.4 Support Essentials... I then proceeded to steal the only Mac in the organisation where I work (A funky G4 Imac with swivel screen) and just basically replaced my entire PC with it...

As for the new Intel mac's I do not have any legacy apps to really need to use, so I should be OK, the one thing I am going to wait for before I purchase is a Intel version of Microsoft's Virtual PC and a version of Office which will both hopefully come in an Microsoft Action Pack!

2 exams in a month... what can I say, when I focus on something I really focus!!! I have now ordered the Mac OS X Server book and planning to become an ACTC!!

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  11. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Well done on the pass :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT