1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Well, actually, the audio file I linked to was both played and transcribed portions of it posted on news services such as ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox and their websites. It created such an uproar and such bad press for AOL that they gave the guy a letter of apology, canceled his account, and then said that the customer service rep was no longer employed by AOL.

So, the chances of that posting bringing negative consequences to CF are between slim and none. If I had really thought it might negatively affect CF I wouldn't have posted it.

Sites like this, blogs, and watchdog sites are the only way the little guys really have to fight back and get even half-way fair treatment from the big companies.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I understand that Freddy and I have read it already on TU and it is more than intersting. It reminds me of trying to cancel my web hosting account with Yahoo, sheesh what a nightmare that was :blink However, Gav has asked for everybody to ease up and yet people are still having a pop at AOL.

No individual post was mentioned by me, it was just one post tends to encourage another and another. If you see what I mean?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)