Anyone taken the MCDST exams?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by michael78, Jul 6, 2004.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Lee, I probably only did an hour every couple of days to be honest. As you say it really does depend from person to person. Doing the A+ and experience meant I didn't have to put much into learning material for the 70-271 exam. On the otherhand 70-272 was a right pain in the arse for me. I had bought the exam cram books for bothe the exams but had to buy the Microsoft 70-272 study guide (which was excellent) to boast my knowledge as I've never used Exchange which came up a lot in the 70-272 exam. I passed it on the second attempt but didn't find it easy as it was all theory to me and didn't have any hands on experience with Exchange. Hope that helps...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011