Anyone switched from Android to iOS?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nudookj, Jan 12, 2018.

1. nudookj

nudookj New Member

FB way is not working at all for contact transfer.

Jaskasy and Uaseer like this.
  2. charleswidmor

charleswidmor New Member

No ios....
    my phones` Samsung galaxy s6 edge and nokia 6303i

3. Jaskasy

Jaskasy Bit Poster

Not all the data can be transfered with FB, this depends on the size of the data and the speed of the network, from Samsung to iPhone , if there some data that you want to transfer , you'd better find some tools from Google ,

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have both, I went through a stage with the iPhone 4 or 5 where I dropped it for the HTC One which I loved but I couldn't get on with the Android OS, in the end I went back to the iPhone (currently using the X).

I have a couple of Android tablets (favourite being the Nvidia Shield) and an iPad Pro and love both of them, however the IOS architecture is just so much simpler, all the apps will generally work (there are obvious exceptions for older hardware) but I don't need to worry that App A isn't going to work with Tablet B etc.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. kritesh anand

kritesh anand New Member

Well there are many member who have switched to android to ios. May be you will find difficulty in early stages but IOS is very good

6. Zassimer

Zassimer Bit Poster

Two phones with different devices,can you do that?
    I've used an iPhone before, and some photos haven't been transferred to my Samsung, and I'm in no rush to do anything.

7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Must admit. I'm not bothered which I use but I'm in the apple eco system now. My watch sends my steps to my phone and unlocks my MacBook. This is how they get you

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  8. bestazy

bestazy Bit Poster

I was a longtime Android user that switched from an LG G4 to an iPhone 7+ two years ago. I feel like I acclimated pretty quickly. There are definitely things that I still miss from Android (intents, a usable filesystem, Google Assistant) but overall I find iOS to be much smoother and more stable than Android was. Two years later my iPhone is essentially as solid and smooth as it was the day I took it out of the box. Overall I don't regret my switch and have no plans to go back

9. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I did intially, but due to my iphone breaking I had to go back to Android (couldn't warrant spending hundreds on a new phone) however I am greatly regretting returning to Android but right now getting an expensive phone isnt a priority... I am cancelling my phone contract next month also and just getting myself a cheap sim.

10. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Android for personal use and iOS for work – not got the urge to upgrade either anytime soon. Still using an iPhone 7 which has caused me zero hassle since I got it.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  11. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Well I just ordered an iPhone.. I don't know what it is but regardless of which model Android I buy, within months it develops faults. My 6s plus developed a battery fault after 2 years and my iPhone before that (5s) had been passed onto my dad who is using it now and it's still going strong.

Yes iPhones are overpriced but you get what you pay for and that's quality hardware and excellent support so I'm off again to iOS. Suppose il keep this Android as an unreliable backup phone