Anyone switched from Android to iOS?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by nudookj, Jan 12, 2018.

1. nudookj

nudookj New Member

What is your impression with iOS, pros and cons? I am in middle to get a new smartphone. Currently an Samsung users and really pissed off by the device (S7). Poor battery life and runs slow after one year purchase.

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

yup, I was a longtime Android user, I'd never make it through a phone contract without the phone dying, every android whether its Samsung, LG, SONY they have all died on me, I'm on my second iPhone now, and my first one is still going (I upgraded) battery life is great unlike the Android system.. I cant fault it, frequent updates, slick style phone, lovely OS.. despite Android being built from Linux (which is known to be stable)I find it unstable and poor quality.

3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I switched from Android to IOS also for similar reasons.

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Same here. Go for the iPhone.

5. nudookj

nudookj New Member

How about the quality of latest iPhone models? Heard a few bad reviews about the quality.

Jaskasy likes this.
  6. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I went from IOS to android and havent looked back

I have a oneplus 5 at the mo, the battery life is brilliant, the phone is very fast and dash charge is a nice touch as well

I would say have a look at one of them

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Selling Android and Apple products at work just now - not had any quality issues with the new iPhones as yet. Would always recommend a decent cover though.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    nudookj likes this.
  8. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I rock mine bareback tbh, as I want to show the beauty of the phone.

9. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Very bold - lol :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  10. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I've tried Android phones and always switched back to an iPhone... I've used an Android phone for 2 years straight at some point, but I was never really happy with it after about a year, as it started to slow down especially with bigger updates.

I think Pixel 2 is starting to really make the android phones stand out. I have nothing against Samsung, great looking phones, but I can't stand their version of android, and for me, the software is more important than hardware.

I am on an iPhone 7 plus at the moment, very happy with it. iOS has always been stable, runs well, seems to be very well optimised for the hardware. Application integration is pretty solid too. If you own an Apple Watch, the notification system is great and the integration between phone and the watch is well done.

I'll probably go for the next iPhone X, unless Pixel does something new and fixes the screen issue, I might give it a try.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  11. mojorisin

mojorisin Kilobyte Poster

I went the other way had IOS for work and switched to Android (had this already on Nexus 7) but now on Wileyfox phone and think its great only IOS device i have now is my iPad

WIP: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services MD-100
  12. nudookj

nudookj New Member

Thanks for the review. If I switched to iPhone, how can I get staff on Android to it? Do you know that?

13. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Ive gone the other way. Sick of poor battery life, lack of space. had my S7 Edge for a couple of years and still love it.
    No regrets!

sheepluv likes this.
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I had an Android phone and an iPad so I could experience both. After a couple of years, I decided to ditch Android and get an iPhone (5S, had it for about 2.5 years now). Fewer issues overall with the iPhone. Having the "walled garden" of the AppStore doesn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would.

That said, there are a few dislikes that I've learned to live with:
    - being prompted over and over and over AND OVER to update the iOS
    - no ability to expand storage
    - no easy way to replace the battery

Not sure what I will do when it's time to upgrade. Probably go with an iPhone 6. I dislike having no headphone jack on newer models, and I really dislike the irregularly-shaped screen and the lack of a physical home button on the iPhone X.

I keep my iPhone 5S protected by an OtterBox Defender. It's saved my phone from drop accidents MANY times. Well worth the investment, and I don't mind the extra bulk - in fact, I like a phone with a bit of heft to it. I don't want a device that I can break just by putting it in my pocket.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I tend to swap back and forth quite a bit. Currently rocking a BlackBerry KEYone which runs Android.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  16. nudookj

nudookj New Member

Blackberry is rare these days, lol

Jaskasy likes this.
  17. Jaskasy

Jaskasy Bit Poster

There is a free way to switch Android to iOS , do you have FB account , you can login it on your Android phone and copy the data that you want to transfer on Android phone , then log out it and login into your iPhone , then extract data from Facebook ,

Uaseer likes this.
  18. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Whats facebook ?

19. bestazy

bestazy Bit Poster

I really missed Android's "menu" button, too. Not all apps are intuitively designed, but in Android there is a rescue button for dummies — hit "menu" and you get a list of all the things you can do on the immediate screen you're looking at. Not on iPhone.
    And not having a full keyboard, including the numbers, creates extra steps when you type that don't exist on Android.
    Cheers,
    My website

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  20. Maker tor

Maker tor New Member

You can move your data from Android to iPhone with Move to iOS
    1. Set up your iPhone or iPad until you reach the screen titled "Apps & Data".
    Tap "Move Data from Android" option.
    2. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store and search for Move to iOS.
    3. Open the Move to iOS app listing.
    4. Tap Install
    5. Tap to accept the permissions request.
    6. Tap Open after it's installed.
    7. Tap Continue on both devices.
    8. Tap Agree and then Next on the Android phone or tablet.

Jaskasy and Uaseer like this.