Anyone Heard Of Train 4 Trade Skills (Im a newbie) Someone Please Read

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by js123, Sep 7, 2010.

1. js123

js123 New Member

I have recently started a plumbing course with <spam> (6 days ago) and i have recently noticed that alot of people say it is a scam.. Im really into the idea of doing plumbing but have doubts in my mind now after reading what other people have said. Some Help lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Considering this isn't a plumbing forum, I think you're in the wrong neighborhood.

My spamometer's pegged.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

You should go to this website:

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/

The truth is employers will not take you doing these short courses as these so thousands of people took up these courses and not found jobs. There is no shortage of plumbers.

It like IT Training provider they after your money so do not bother.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

They are a training provider - but a plumbing one, not an IT one.
    Read anything that you read here about TPs and apply accordingly.

They are run by the same people/person as Sheidegger/Skills Train (sorry, not sure how deep the relationship goes).

I don't doubt that they will make the training described available to you, and if you complete it you will get the qualifications listed. If that will 'make you a plumber' or earn you £80,000 p.a. is not for me to say.

Just use your common sense.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

ehh yeah stumped on this one as pointed out this is an IT certs forum. I would say that most professions can't be learned in a short time as believe me I've thought about doing a plumbing/electrician course but thought there isn't a chance in hell of getting a job at the end of it.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011