Anyone heard of MDSE?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by mattyfez, Nov 23, 2007.

1. mattyfez

mattyfez Bit Poster

I was enquiring with firebrand about MCDST, but this sales guy called me back pushing the Vista course that starts early december, I guess my alarm bells are working correctly as it seems he was offering discounts to fill empty seats rather than looking after my interests....funny thing was, I told him I have no hands on with vista and he basicly said "if your competent with XP then vistas not much different"
    I guess thats just a salesman doing his job, Kind of ironic when they say that they screen candidates for suitability beforehand,.

I guess the pre-requisite for "suitable" means you have a spare 3 grand!!

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Save the 3K and put it towards a good PC and vmware. Then you could really practice everything that you learn.

If you're an XP guy with absolutely no experience of Vista then I'd recommend to stay away from any type of Vista intensive training, you'll struggle to keep your head above water.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Well 80 -90% would be better but then again I only got 60 - 75% on those test aids. I think it depends which ones you do because as you say if you use them too much you remember the questions and what the answers are so your really not been tested on the subject.

Hmmm.....what area's of MCDST do you struggle on and what part of the tests did you get wrong?

If you could tell us what area you are struggling on - we can help or point you in the right direction it maybe your method of study/revision or even exam method that maybe the problem? It's hard to say without more info. Also (unlike some other members) I wouldn't want to jump to the wrong conclusion.:biggrin8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I concur with nugget:biggrin

Save your money, also they are not many company's out there that have Vista. XP still seems to be the flagg ship. Most business don't want to spend the money on a new OS just to keep up with the local trend if the current OS works OK.:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. mattyfez

mattyfez Bit Poster

Thanks for all your time, it's really apreciated :biggrin
    Im just gonna hit the books again and re-asess in a month

On the subject of vista rellevence, I agree....Its daft for a company to deploy vista when XP does the job.
    The one and only reason Ive even got an OEM vista 64 disk is for the extra RAM support etc. Ive not felt the desire to install it yet but I figured I may as well buy it, then its always there if I need it.
    If I was only using apps, vista wouldnt get a second thought.