Anyone failed 70-272?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by spoovy, May 5, 2011.

1. spoovy

spoovy Bit Poster

I am due to take it in two weeks, and i'm getting a little nervous that the study material isn't really teaching me anything that I didn't have to learn for 70-271.

I expected some overlap, but the study material I am using (Sybex and CBT Nuggets) have introduced almost zero new material (configuring MS Office toolbars etc seems to be about it).

I can't quite belive MS would have two exams that basically test the same things. So, has anyone failed 272, and if so why, what knowledge was missing? I appreciate the non-disclosure thing but any feedback would be welcome however cryptic. :)

Certifications: MCDST
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

There is overlap between the two exams but you will find the 272 quite different. It focuses on Office, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer very heavily. That may sound like no problem, but I would advise that you know the various options in those three area's very well.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada