Anyone ever heard of these?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by abstrakt, Jun 10, 2005.

1. abstrakt

abstrakt Bit Poster

Career Development Loans

They basically sound like student loans for vocational qualifications. I'm sure IT certs will be covered by them.

2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

heard of them? yes! as i recall (im lazy and at work, i didnt click on the link) banks etc are willing to offer money for you to do courses and certifications. i do believe that IT certs can count, but it depends on the bank, etc.

At the end of the day its a loan, so you will find that your credit history may count against you for this. about the only companies which dont base things on your credit rating are the loan companies you use when you go into full time education.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Knave

Knave Bit Poster

4. abstrakt

abstrakt Bit Poster

This is the bit that seperates it from your average bank loan. Its possibly worth considering. I was just wondering if anyone else had taken one out before and if it had helped them at all.

5. abstrakt

abstrakt Bit Poster

youve just posted the exact same link I posted at the start of this threal. lol. neva mind.

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I had one of these. It's a loan where the interest get paid for you while you're studying to improve your skills. It's a tad more lenient than other forms of finance. The amount you get varies depending on what your financial status is like. Unemployed, or people being made redundant can often get the whole cost of their course covered by a CDL.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. Sarah

Sarah Byte Poster

Yes they do cover IT Certifications.