Anyone else hate last day of transfer window

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by j1mgg, Jan 31, 2011.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

There isnt half some rumours that get made up and posted on your footie forums.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Glad to see the Traitor (Torres) gone.

Great two signings in Carroll & Suaraz!

Happy Days :D

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Most of the forums have been up and down over the past hour! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Carroll = unproven in the premiership really (not enough games!)

Torres = bit of a scumbag really. Saying Chelsea are a big club, what the h3ll were Liverpool?!?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Don't know how any Mickeys can accuse Torres of being a traitor. He's watched the club do precisely f***-all in the transfer market of any consequence for three years, and, when they finally do sign another player (Suarez) it's someone who plays in exactly the same position and style that he does (instead of one of the many things they really desperately need (a creative midfielder, two wingers who can cross a ball, a centre half who is either not made out of breadsticks, or not s**t and a left back). Besides, it was obvious that once Benitez went, Torres wouldn't be far behind him - the only reason he was at the club was the large Spanish contingent (now almost all gone)

Carroll is a massive gamble (him and Suarez in the same team should make Melwood (ahem) 'interesting' for the next few months) - especially since he's already got problems with a thigh muscle - which often leads to other leg injuries when strikers get it.

Stupidest thing Liverpool did in this window though was not pay the ten million quid or whatever it was Blackpool wanted for Charlie Adam. Stick him behind Suarez and Carroll (if fit), with Gerrard doing all the running, tackling and breaking from deep and he would create chances like they're going out of fashion. All I can think there is that the owners' ar5eholes fell out at the last minute and they balked at spending another 10 million (which, let's face it, would be nicely offset by the Torres money (along with the 8 million they got for Babel the other day)

The only winners today are Chelski. They get the best out-and-out striker in the world (when fit) and a quality kid from Portugal who is the heir apparent to Ricardo Carvalho. Torres and Drogba up front with Malouda, Lumpalard and Essien behind them? Jesus H Christ!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Very well summed up Zeb, it think this is exactly what most people are thinking.

What is Andy Carroll's real value? I'd say £10M-£15M?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Even more bigger club than Chelsea, always will be. FACT!!!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  8. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

Glad it is over with only a coupe of players moving out and 3 moving in, with Diouf being the suprise.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  9. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I think they should get rid of this day and gfo back to how it used to be, that may stop stupid over inlflated prices.

As for Carroll, dont get me started on him, ive nothing against him but i think we have paid 25 million too much, as he is only in his first season, we could of got a proven out and out striker for that money, or maybe bought Charlie adam, ashley young. We need to sort out defence and midfield as well. As gerrard wong go on forever, neither will carragher.

I wish the BBC would cover it instead of sky sports, because i found out where they were getting their sources from, the likes of twitter and facebook, if thats what it takes to become a reporter, than i think we could all be one.

Plus i think there was a bit of staging with the burning of the torres shirt by the 'liverpool fans'. As for traitor hes hardly that, he wants to go to a team where the prospects are good, and we just ain up there are we, not at the moment anyway. The charlie adam saga could of been m,ade possible but for the uselessness of our director of football. Ian holloway said weve been talking to them, but as my chairman said, they dont know whether they are coming or going.

Last year, Charlie adam was one of 5 players above carroll for most goals in the champion ship

Think its about time dealine day was stopped.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680