Anyone completed the 70-282 exam?

Discussion in 'SBS' started by Sparky, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

As the title says...

Slight change of plan on my MCSE path and I am now going for this one. 8)

No MS Press book though so I am going to purchase the the MS Admin guide for SBS.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Bus...02/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_1/203-4803268-3679140

Exam details:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-282.asp

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Not me, but seems a good choice for you mate being as you spend a lot of your time working with SBS.

Good luck :thumbleft

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Sparky

Yeah, I think it will help big time.

Some of the objectives look quite good as it covers migrating from SBS to a full Windows 2003 environment and also some of the premium components are covered, such as ISA, which I don’t have too much experience with.

Also I want to know how some of the objective relate to MCP exams I have already done. For example DNS and DHCP are covered but I have already done this in the 70-291. I am guessing it will probably add some of the SBS wizards which pre-configure this for you.

Fun and games! :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Sparky its my next exam! :biggrin i got that book you just shown us from ebay BUT there is a newer version now - 2nd edition. Give ebay a good look for this book im sure you will find one much cheaper. Looking through the book it looks good but i havent looked at it in more detail. There are a lot more books out there too! But like boyce says your experience will help - and then help me! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Sparky

Nice one Zimbo, I`ll let you know how my studies progress. 8)

Just ordered this book, stuff the break over xmas! :biggrin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Small-Business-Server-Unleashed/dp/0672328054

6. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

you can get copies of SBS 2003 R2 Premium from MS - they sent me 3 nice cases containing:

Disks 1-4
    Outlook Standard 2003
    R2 Technologies
    2 Discs for Premium Tech
    Frontpage 2003

i asked for 3 and got 3! -FOR FREE! Good on ya MS :D

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

All sounds good to me Sparky!

I notice on the MS site is says..

I wonder whether that will be WSUS now :rolleyes:

Note the proceedure for installing WSUS on SBS is slightly different than a standard server install.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. Sparky

Yeah, that could be a grey area. The 70-290 had some SUS questions and the 70-291 had loads of WSUS questions.

Thanks for the tip for the SBS deployment of WSUS, I’ve only ever installed it on a member server (apart from in a lab environment where I installed on the DC) as patching over 100 PCs was becoming a problem and involved too much walking around all the PCs to check they were all patched up! :biggrin