Anyone been to Koenig in India recently?? CCNA...

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by glasgowgolfer, Nov 9, 2011.

1. glasgowgolfer

glasgowgolfer Bit Poster

Hi All, i am having a major dilema @ the Mo and hope you guys can help in 1 way or another!! i was made redundant recently and having been a Network Engineer for 7 years 2000-2007 and was a CCNA @ the time... i decided to get back into engineering, i have never been any good @ home study using books or CBT Videos..(i even tried CCENT 1st to gently get me back in but dont know if its not quite going in as im much older than i was when i did CCNA back in 2003) so im thinking of a bootcamp, now having checked a few of the best out i have narrowed it down to Firebrand in England or Koenig in India (both countries are foreign to me as i'm Scottish ha ha) Firebrand have 12 hour days for 5 days (sounds heavy) and much more expensive than Koenig even taking a return flight to India into consideration, .....now just to throw a spanner in the works having looked at things in the world and thought about the future i have also considered doing the Certified Ethical Hacker and the Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Course...why i hear you ask....well my budget is 2.5k and for this money i can get a CCNA in UK but in India i can get the CEH & CHFI for the same price as a CCNA....now...Jobwise....if i work in Glasgow or Edinburgh would i be best sticking to boring dependable old Cisco or taking a chance in the Security side of things with the CEH/CHFI, .....my head is bursting trying to make my mind up....some...or just any advice would be muchly appreciated....also i would prob do my Licenced Penetration Tester cert next year (but only if i go down the CEH/CHFI road......
    cheers
    and all positive or negative comments appreciated.

Certifications: CCNA Comp tia A+ , Juniper , Extreme.
    WIP: CEH , CHFI
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

IMO save your cash and do a course led CCNA in England for £500, see how it goes and go from there.

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

No CCNA training in Scotland?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

agreed with Cunningfox, do CCNA here, get yourself on a job and then I'd consider doing your security certs after that. Coming back into networking I think you may struggle to walk into a security based role.

Also I would not train with an Indian company personally, I considered training with Koenig some time ago, I then got outsourced into an Indian company, and have since met lots of people who trained at Koenig. They are mostly certified but actually have very little knowledge, seems like proper brain dumping to certify, which works fine in India as that's all the companies are bothered about, but I don't think it will do you any favours in the long run over here.

Not sure if that helps you much but hopefully it does.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  5. FSZ

FSZ Bit Poster

Hi

Why not stick with commsupport. for little under £1100 you could do the ccna rs, ccna security and the ASA firewall as stated on there website...

"The 6 day CCNA and CCNA Security + ASA FIREWALL combo package for just £895+vat Save £395!!"

There in UK, I'm sure a cheap BB will prob set you back by £30 a nite....beats leaving the UK or paying some fancy company X amounts for just 1 of those training courses.

Link Cisco CCNA Security courses

Certifications: Too many!!
    WIP: CCNP
  6. glasgowgolfer

glasgowgolfer Bit Poster

Nice 1 FSZ, never even though of them.
    cheers mate

Dave

Certifications: CCNA Comp tia A+ , Juniper , Extreme.
    WIP: CEH , CHFI