Anyone been on ms 291 course ?

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by Bambino1506, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Guys, anyone been on this ? http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/syllabi/2277c.aspx

And how useful did you find it with regard to the 70-291 ?

I'm booked on one for April.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  2. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I would presume from the silence that not many have been, I think for the 291 any information will help you out. perhaps you can let us know what you think when you've been.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've taught the course twice and while I can say it's a very good course, I can also say that you should not rely on it as your only means of study.

I have also recommended doing everything on the course again at home. Buy a set of practice exams. And buy yourself another book to consolidate what you've learned.

These courses can't replace the experience that MS recommends that you have.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

Dales, thanks mate, will do.

Ken, thats good to know. I'm self studying with MS press book and CBT Nuggets, work offered me the course so I figured I would use it as bonus study material to reinforce what I've already covered.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

In that case, you should be fine. Quite a few people have done only the course and wondered why they failed the exam :rolleyes:

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security