anyoen heard of venn group?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Waria Ahmed, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

I have just got a random call from a recruitment company called Venn Group. They basically offered me a interview where they wwant to find out all the technical skills I have so they can find me a role.

However, the guy has asked me to bring me passport and references to the interview. After hearing all these dodgy stories about "interviews" this seems abit dodgy to me. I have had a look on the internet and haven't found anything about them.

Does anyone have any opinions on the company? The site is http://www.venngroup.com/

Thanks

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Sounds like another 'set' of villains to me

:)

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Although the website is abysmal and doesn't fill me with confidence, I don't see anything dodgy about being asked to bring your passport (presumably to confirm your citizenship and therefore your right to work) and references.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I think passport is pretty standard.

Company formed in 2000, so it would be nice to think they are doing something right.

let us know how you get on.

boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Phone interview first perhaps? Just to find out what "the deal" is. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. natt

natt Bit Poster

hi there's no harm in going just don't rush with making any big decisions. and if they tell you there are few more things you have to learn and go for a course and pay money think twice. learn by others' naivety :)

and yes, wherever you go, your passport is required. They need to confirm your ID

Certifications: mcdst, mcsa, mcse
  7. volatile

volatile Nibble Poster

Should be fine if they are just head hunters that found your resume. If the "opportunity" requires you pay them anything....RUN.

Certifications: Computer Science Degree, A+
  8. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Agreed, the candidate shouldn't have to pay. The recruitment company gets the finders fee from the company that hires the person.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

I had my interview today. It seemed like quite a big recruitment agency. They asked me a few technical questions and asked me about my past and what I want to do in the future.

Didn't ask me to sign up to any training course or pay them anything. Just told me they will be on the lookout for any contract roles in the NHS for me. :)

Glad I decided to turn up. Thanks everyone!!!

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  10. batblade2001

batblade2001 New Member

Only saw this post now.

I registered (interview) with them in June, the guy that interviewed me was Joel (did you have the same bloke?), nice chap he is. They are a normal Agency (not like Techworks or JustIT).

They have since only contacted me for one job, I declined and the lady seemed a bit pee'ed off. That may be why I havent heard from them since. I have just sent them an email reminder though that I am available for work.

I declined the job because it was an Admin Asst. role on low pay and quiet far and expensive to travel, and was only 17 hours per week. Which seemed liked valid reasons to me, at the interview I did state I want an IT job and I would accept NMW.