Anybody done a training with ukittraining??? Really Urgent

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by benjamin, Jun 12, 2005.

1. helencik

helencik New Member

Thank you veru much for helping...
    But there is still one question I have: Was anybody not accepted to the training?
    What is interestnig, the career consultant said me that it costs 2,550 :dry interestnig???????? :blink
    I think I will ask them to send me a contract by post, as I am located in Hastings now. Reading it carefully I wil make my decision.
    If it is so as Chip wrote, it doesn't suits me.
    As well I would be very grateful if someone can recommend me courses or training with all payments after completing it.
    Hope to read something soon

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Helenecik - have a look into Career Development Loans (clickable link). Any course that offers finance by this method means you can repay after the course (or 2 years, I think). However, remember - it is a loan, and should be treated as such throughout. You should also read the terms that apply to it as well as to your course.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

that price is probably without the VAT.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. avi

avi New Member

Hi Benjamin,

I am currently doing a training with UK IT. I am doing web designer/developer course, so this what I am saying applies for that course.

If I knoew only 10% before I signed with them what I know now I whould have never signed to do a training by them.

They say 60 days training, but they dont tell your that it takes almost 2 years to finish that training. That's not only problem with UK IT Training. You are not on control of the pace of the studies, so the condition which you have to meet in order for them to find work for you is in their hand. You have to wait up to 3 months until they schedule a course, this way you will not be able to meet the deadline. When they schedule courses they don't invite you to attend.

To sum up you are not in control of the pace of studies.

When I complained about failing to invite me to the course when it was scheduled they just gnored me, trying to put blame on me. They are more secretive than MI5.

Personally i am seeking legal advice, and probably will end to court with them.

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

According to the website you will earn more than £20k in your first job?!?! :x

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

assuming you meet the conditions in the contract I presume! (including the undoubted disclaimers!!)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  7. Sparky

Is one of the conditions that you have 5 years commercial experience? :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  8. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

huh ?

9. Sparky

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I just think you couldn’t earn £20k with just an IT qualification in your first IT job as you would need some commercial experience to get near a wage like that.

10. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

you don't work in London do you :D
    Besides, you have to bear in mind that career changers have all sorts of backgrounds and, for example, an ex engineering project manager could walk into a 50k job in IT 'cos of the prior experience they have

11. Sparky

Fair point, entry level IT jobs in Scotland can start as little as £12k! The good news is that I can buy a pint of lager for £1.80, hee hee! :biggrin

In regard to the project management side I agree with the potential to earn a good wage but in saying that I said the word ‘Citrix’ to an IT Project Manager and he didn’t have a clue what I was talking about!

IT managers often have good skills to manage a project but don’t know how to map a network drive, makes me laugh but its all good. :biggrin

12. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

but thats the point... their job is not mapping drives, but managing...

13. Sparky

I agree but from experience I feel that IT managers that have worked their way up within an IT environment make better managers in comparison to mangers that are good at ‘management’ and don’t have a strong IT background. That’s life though. 8)

14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This begs the question, what criteria are you judging them on?

Managers are usually judged by bean counters not their subordinates :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. Sparky

Its better for the IT staff they have to talk to in regard to making a network upgrade for example. Conversations can go along the lines of “What firewall should we upgrade to?” as apposed to “What is a firewall?”

Seriously though I realise looking at the whole picture that the IT Manager has to get a project done within a certain timescale and to a required budget, mapping a network drive doesn’t come into that! :biggrin

In other news, hasn’t this thread wandered away from the original topic? :blink

16. kablad

kablad Bit Poster

Sen Mod Note (AJ): Please do not post the same message on multiple forums

Certifications: Product Design Hons Bsc Degree
  17. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Kablad,

I'm not too sure you can do this, thats just my gut feeling, I'll let someone else answer this properly with the facts.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  18. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I strongly suspect that your agreement is non-transferable.
    And why would anyone want to take on your debt on your behalf?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  19. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I have removed the content of kablad's post and restored this thread, as the rest of the thread is a lively, interesting discussion - don't want to lost that due to one bad post.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  20. kablad

kablad Bit Poster

apologies for not replying in time, but it states in my contract i have to introduce someone whoes at the same level as me and i only just started so anyone just starting would be at the same level as me.

Certifications: Product Design Hons Bsc Degree