Anybody done a programming course with Computeach?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Stu_C, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Well, you're off and running now, Stu - good luck with your studies :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

thanks

Certifications: Bsc(Bronze Swimming Certificate)
    WIP: C# MCP, MCAD
  3. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

how u getting on with your programming course with computeach?

4. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

just sent back my stage 2 paper, so hopefully i will be getting into the programming part in the next copule of weeks.
    Why they feel you must know some of the stuff in the `IT and Fundamentals` stage 1 and 2, i dont understand.

Stu_C

5. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

what are your experiences with them so far? im planning on doing an sql course (mcdba) and vb.net course with them later in the year. Decided to go down the programming/database route instead of hardware. Been going through some tutorials on these languages I find it interesting. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Is the IT fundementals just easy stuff? I already know a bit about computers so if it is I might ask if I can skip it lol.

6. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

if you feel confident pulling a pc to pieces then alot of it will probably seem simple. It basically tells you about the different pc hardware, media.
    You may find the section on database`s usefull though since you mention doing SQL, it explains how they were developed and gives you an understanding of how they work, and how to do things properly (Program flow charts, And relationship Diagrams)

The part i found most uniteresting was the different roles in the IT industry and Management structures, but like i said earlier. It may be usefull to you for the chosen path you have decided to take.

Stu_C

7. miffta

miffta New Member

Hi i know this post is a bit dated now but i'm currently on a Computeach M.C.P. C# and C# Advanced course.. At the moment i'm studying Stage 4 which is mostly based on a Microsoft book(Developing windows-Based Applications with Microsoft visual C#.NET)

i'm in the middle of attempting stage 4 Exercise 2 (at the end of chapter 6 of the book) which I'm struggling with (Just like most of the other exercises due to lack of Training and Exercise details)

I've found it difficult to learn all of the ADO.NET and XML Chapters and as with most other Topics of this course i've had to buy my own books and train myself without computeach's learning materials except for the Microsft book which i find great.

But apart from all of the above my course is going fine.
    Can i ask where you are up to on your course and what you find the study material to be like, As you seem to have started this course with much more experience than me..

8. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

im currently on stage 3 exercise 2. i have one console application left to write before i send it in(the stock list one). I find the hardest things to understand are the questions, which at times are poorly worded so you spend most of your time actually working out what they want you to do. I find most of the NetG stuff i have used so far to be pointless aswell.

But like yourself, ive bought some other books on the subject and if i find CT`s explenation of something not detailed enough i look it up in one of those.

Stu_C

9. miffta

miffta New Member

I too found all of the Net g stuff a load of C**P and wasted a load of time reading through it all, not to mention all the trouble i had trying to download it, And after all that it taught me nothing.

The Questions are Not very specific at, all But when i went for my 2 Days in centre visit, they Advise that you practice reading questions like that and give you leaflets on it, because they could come up in the exam,

Has Anyone reading this sat the Exam ??(C#.NET 70-316) and if so are the questions really stupidly worded or is it just computeach being silly ?

Thanx to all patient enough read
    :morebeer

10. Genesis

Genesis New Member

Stu_C

Have been keeping track on this one and wondered how it was going ?
    David

11. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

Well ive just returned from my 2 days incenter and i must say, the tutors are excellent and its a great relaxed learing enviroment, and i met some like minded people in the process. I have one exercise left to do then its onto stage 4.

Stu_C

12. Uruloke

Uruloke Nibble Poster

So Stu, would you recommend Computeach then? I've got a sales guy coming Friday evening. I'm looking to do the CCNA and CCNP course.

Certifications: GNVQ (Going Nowhere Very Quickly!)
  13. Stu_C

Stu_C Byte Poster

There not the cheapest out there, But i would reccomend them to anybody. Ive found the Tutors and support from them excellent.

Stu_C

14. headcoach

headcoach New Member

I have an advisor coming round on the 8th July - not really sure about most of it - But think I would like to do programming - doesn't sound like the best start to your course..
    Please keep me informed of how it is going also any questions you forgot to ask the advisor when they came round.