Any opinions on Fraser McKenzie? - advice needed

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by LukeP, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexie_katz

lexie_katz New Member

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but you only pay the percentage of the fee (depending on the wage you recieve) if you either
    a) complete it in over the 12months stated in contract
    b) accept a position that may be offered to you by the company before you do all the training
    so if you complete the training within a year you do get it actually free!
    and if you go on the work experience they recommend for you they pay for your exam fees aswell.
    You were to hasty and may of messed up a good opportunity because you didnt read it properly
    sorry

2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Don't you just love the newbie posts that suddenly appear when a TP is getting a bashing?

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Do you work for Fraser McKenzie?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Seeing the standard of written English in that post, lets hope not - for the TP's sake!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  5. drum_dude

Zeb, dodgy 'shift' key by the looks of it!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Seems to be working here. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. drum_dude

Intermittent fault with shift key then! :biggrin

8. Jase2009

Jase2009 Bit Poster

Sounds like we have another Fraser McKenzie Salesperson on here... but in any case they are offering this training to people with no experience in IT at all and there is no way someone like that will successfully complete an MCSE within 12 months - anyone who has worked for a Training Provider knows that!

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

so you have to accept any position offered that they say, so working on the hotdog van outside is a distinct possiblity?:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. lexie_katz

lexie_katz New Member

im greek english is my 2nd language and i guarentee my english is better than your greek!
    i do not work for frazer mckenzie i just thought i would help and explain what someone had got wrong but apparantly noone here like to know they were wrong and attack people for trying to help!

11. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Perhaps it would have been better for you to introduce yourself first. Anyone popping up and using their first post to Prove someone wrong is going to be viewed with suspicion.

Welcome to CF :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  12. lexie_katz

lexie_katz New Member

that is still not an excuse for rudeness especially when someone is tryin to help!
    i did not say fraser mckenzie were amazin or even that i work for them which i dont i was explaining that they had misread the contract and maybe people should read thoroughly before throwing opportunties away! To me i was doing someone a favor
    i apologise if my punctuation is not top notch but its pretty good for me.

13. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Obviously it is no excuse but the reaction would have been avoided if you had introduced yourself.

Don't let it put you off, CF is a friendly place really!

I don't think anyone is going to knock you for your punctuation now they know you are Greek. I am learning to speak/write polish and wouldn't fare too well if it was the other way round :eek:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  14. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Your English is certainly better than my Greek - but My English, Spanish, Catalan and Italian are better than your English - you have no excuse. Your misspellings, bad grammar and complete lack of punctuation are nothing to do with the fact that English isn't your first language - in fact, the way you construct your sentences leads me to believe you write English perfectly well, but are too bone idle to take the time to do so properly. You do not learn to write English at the level you have without knowing perfectly well how to construct a sentence or punctuate it.

Fraser McKenzie do not provide 'opportunities' to people. They rip them off.

15. lexie_katz

lexie_katz New Member

thank you
    x

16. lexie_katz

lexie_katz New Member

you obviously think you know everything so i dont want to bother with you!

17. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Not at all. Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself - just so the more cynical patrons here don't think you're, you know, a Shill for FraserMcKenzie...

18. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Uh, but... but... Zeb know everything.

No but seriously, I was there and I had this contract in front of me. It does say what is stated above in this thread and there's plenty of non-straight information included in it. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And in regards to opportunity, I've been looking for a job for 6 months and I'm happy as hell I didn't go for Fraser MacKenzie offer.

Also if you're native Greek speaker maybe you didn't understand the contract yourself fully?

Regards

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Just about. And the things he doesn't know, he doesn't open up his mouth about. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. Fresh108

Fresh108 Bit Poster

It's always a win win situation for FM. They know that all those certs can't be done in 12months, so the person signing on pays for everything in the end. We're talking "A+, 70-620 (5 days classroom training and an exam straight after), MCITP in a 5day instructor led training - 70-623 exam straight after the training, and then the MCSA & MCSE online learning. All this within 12 months.

They do talk about work experience, but when I was there she said most work for them!

Certifications: BSc Computer Science, A+
    WIP: MCDST