Any info about Scheidegger Training Ltd?

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gerimesias, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerimesias

gerimesias New Member

Hi! I landed on this site in desperate of help to inquire about Scheidegger Training Ltd. here in UK that had enticed me to enrol CIW Webmaster Design and I had given them £50 cheque to which I cancelled today . I have also signed a loan agreement for the fee as well given them all my bank account details for direct debit. But when I saw all the negative fedbacks about this training company I immediately made a quick act to block all their access to my account and send Scheidegger and the financing company a letter of cancellation since I have a 21 days right to cancel the course.

I'd like to know if I did the right move. Can anybody tell me about Scheidegger. As of now, I am difinitely put-off to enrol with any training companies.

I am interested to get a qualification on IT and build a ladder for a career into IT. I know basic computing but not of the great deal when it comes to computer language and programming. Can anyone advice what's the best course for me to start in prospect for a good career on IT.

I would appreciate you advice. Thanks.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about Scheidegger, gerimesias but I wanted to take this opportunity to welcome you to CertForums. I assure you that someone far more helpful than I am will be along any minute to answer your query. I hope you will stick around and enjoy all the resources we have to offer. Welcome. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

:iagree Hi gerimesias and welcome to the boards. I have to agree with Trip, I can't help you with Scheidegger, but there are others who have had dealings with them.

Again welcome to CF :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Again, sorry I can't help with experience of the company, gerimesias, but like the Guys said above - a warm welcome to CertForums :D

As they said, one or two of our Members have experienced Scheidegger, but other than that, my only advice would be to look around our Boards, specifically the Training & Development Forum for alternative ways to gain the qualifications you are looking for.

I wouldn't worry about previous knowledge / experience - you, like us, are here to learn. We will help out much as we can with that.

Other than that, please stick around, and ENJOY yourself here !!!

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I did a search of our site for Scheidegger and came up with this link. Take a look at these threads and see if any of them help.

6. gerimesias

gerimesias New Member

[​IMG]Hi Guys!

Thanks for making me feel at home.

It seems everyone here is on the MCSE field of career or leading to it. How or where do I start if I want to get into this career? What course should I start to learn?[​IMG] I know basic computer and webpage designing but not on language and programming. Any suggestion or advice? Am really keen to get a proper job on IT.

Thanks Pals.[​IMG]

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

It depends on where you are. Most people with a little or even no experience start out at the A+ certification. It's handy to have because it's well known in the industry, entry-level and known to be a good "get your foot in the door" cert. Also, it is an elective for the MCSA cert along with ether the Network+ or Server+ certs. A programming background isn't all that necessary to get your MCSE but it doesn't hurt, either. The bottom line as you explore your career options is to pick you what fits your skill level, interest, and desires. You might as well do something you love. Some people make the mistake of choosing what seems to pay the most at the time, get into it and realize they hate it.

Database Administrators make a ton of money but I can't stand doing database work so I avoid it like a root canal. On the other hand, I love to write which is why I work as a technical writer for a place that makes small, multipurpose networking devices. I also "moonlight" writing techie books so basically, I don't have a life until the book is finished.

Whatever you decide, make sure it's something you want to live with for a long time. Keep asking whatever questions it takes to drill down into what it is you want to do.

8. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

WOW what an avatar

Speechless, I'm off for a cold shower

TTFN :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  9. crafoo

crafoo New Member

Hi everybody, found the site after searching for feedback on Schiedegger, after I decided to enrol on one of their PC engineer courses, (the A+ and N+) but after reading a lot of the feedback from people who have had dealings with them I am very worried, it would seem I have made a big mistake as I have yet to hear any positive response, I think the best thing for me to do is to try and cancel as it has only been a couple of days since my enrolment, I am still very interested in taking some kind of training to gain these qualifications and any help from anyone on the best way to achieve this would be greatly appreciated, all in all I am left feeling really frustrated and wondering what to do next.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST 70-271 70-272
  10. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Crafoo, when reading reviews of training providers you will discover that there always seems to be more negative reviews than there are positive, this is the case when anyone has a complaint about any company, on average a person that is not satisfied will tell approx 9 people whereas someone who is happy with a company will only on average tell about 6, try and see if you can get some referals from people who have used this training provider before making any brash descisions.

Just my humble opinion :biggrin

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  11. crafoo

crafoo New Member

Thanks for the response Nelix, I was wondering if it was just a minority that were unhappy and in general the course offered is what it appears, I am in still in 2 minds as to what to do though but I will try and find some responses from other people who have taken the same course, I would imagine that if everyone was dissatisfied then I would have found many more instances where people were slating the company off, however after a quick search I have found only about 5 people who were unhappy with the course and the way it was run, anyway cheers for your help, if I do decide to change my mind could you recommend another way of attaining this qualification, thanks again. :unsure

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

the other way to attain the A+ and N+ are what I am doing and a few others in this forum and thats self studying...just buy the books read them..do some practice questions book the exams and away you go...yeah it may not be the same as being a class...but its working at your pace and giving yourself some practice while your at it...but its up to you...and welcome to CF...

WIP: my life
  13. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

I agree with Noel24, you can do the syudy yourself from home and if you get stuck .......well thats why this forum was created, you can book the exams yourself with any exam centre (vue or prometric), a quick search on google should help find one thats near you. You could also look into other training providers as there are alot out there, check out the Training and development forum for more info.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  14. crafoo

crafoo New Member

Thanks for all the advice fellas it's been really helpful, I have decided to stick with the course im doing, I thought about what Nelix said and he's probably right, it is always easy to find bad reviews of anything, anyway im gunna complete the course and hopefully get me some qualifications and do a job that I may actually enjoy :)

Thanx again.

15. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

the argument is not if its cheaper to buy a book and do it
    everybody knows this, and its the case for almost all courses
    as is the not including an exam, or an exam voucher
    this is nothing to get upset about, its normal practice for most training centers

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  16. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Yup, Pheonix is right, it is normall to pay for your own exams and retakes after a course. Course's are good for learning, especially if you are unsure of exactly what you are doing. Whatever you need is normally provided, and your in a controlled enviroment. But it's up to you to take the exam under your own steam at the end.

It was the same with the Cisco Netacad. :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  17. Deagle

Deagle New Member

I had a recent visit from Scheidegger representative, I'd been looking at starting on the IT qualifications ladder and was looking at all the local alternatives. I thought their prices were quite extortionate.

I've since enrolled at the Manchester College for Arts & Technology, and I am doing a BTEC National Award in ICT Systems Support and taking the A+ & N+ exams alongside the BTEC at a much discounted rate. I'm also looking at doing the CCNA in an evening course there after my A+ & N+ exams, all at a fraction of the prices quoted by Scheidegger

My advice to you would be to give the Learn Direct Advice line a call and find the centres near you where you can do IT courses, give them all a call and work out the best course/price for you.

WIP: A+, N+, CCNA
  18. Firthy2002

Firthy2002 Byte Poster

I'm doing their NetPro course, which gives you the knowledge and skills to get the CompTIA A+ and Network+, and I'm quite happy with it.

The support is pretty good, and it's reachable by phone and e-mail.

The new course material is very good, covers everything in depth, and the interactive training CD material is nice too. (Not recommended if your mouse is broken though).

The assignments also have a good selection of questions based on the stuff in that particular chapter, and also some research questions not covered in the printed material that you need to look up yourself, so an Internet connection is essential.

Having not yet received any of the practical tuition I can't comment on it.

My only gripes are:

* You can only unlock the training and assignment for the next chapter with codes that you get on the feedback from the previous assignment (provided you got enough to pass it), which can be annoying if, like me, you've read the next chapter from cover to cover and want to crack on with it.

* The assignment CD only lets you save completed assignments on floppy disk, which is a pain if you plan on submitting it electronically, and also means you need a floppy drive, which might be a problem if your machine doesn't have one.

It costs £2000 for this particular course, although they do separate A+ and Network+ courses as well as MCSA, MCSE and Cisco ones.

Certifications: None currently
    WIP: CompTIA A+ & Network+
  19. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

well i had a run in with schneidegger and to be hi\onest you should not of even parted with any sort of money what so ever. the bloke who cam to see me ewas called <name edited by moderator> , he had a nice car , a red jag with cram leather seats (had to tell you that as what a sick colour match urgh) anyway i got the impression from him that he was more than just a course advisor. just going off his manorism he seemed to have some other motive, like he just wanted the moneyand i woulndnt of heard from him ever again. the test he gave me to do was a bity pant too it was just asking me what are certain parts of a computer or what do various letters stand for (ie ddr doublr dat ram etc ). another thing he tole me hed always be able to be reached which i thought was rather ironic as hed rejected 5 calls in the time we spoke which was meant to be no longer than ten mins but was actually and hour and 20 . i just didnt trust him and with that did not trust the company, i hope that has helped you somewhat and more i can help you wioth feel free to drop me a line ok

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  20. Phil_d1111

Phil_d1111 New Member

Five words come to mind with this company

Pole, Barge, Touch, With and Don't

I phoned up the helpline after a couple of weeks as they had made some serious admin mistakes - the woman on the end of the line virtually told me to f*ck off :rolleyes: and hung up on me in one of numerous poor quality things that happened - got to the stage when I was loooking at the course doubting it all the time - they lose this, misplace that - totally rubbish in my opinion.

they care about the money and nothing more - I have been in close communication with a few other seriously dissapointed people also If you need details

p.s. iI should have smelt a rat when the salesman bloke was taking the initial deposit off me by credit card. His demeaneor had been the usual cool sales pitch but I inadvertently went to take the credit card back of him before he had finished processing it. He sort of snapped at me and with a wild contorted sneer told me to "give it back - I haven't finished with it"

Also - if you ever phone up asking if there are any places you will always be told that they are 'full' as far as they know - but within a couple of hours a space will always become available