Any ICS members?

Discussion in 'Professional Associations' started by delorean, May 15, 2010.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Just wondering if anyone here is a member of the ICS? Mentioned in another thread, I am considering applying to become a member later this year.

I'm keen to hear any and all user experiences with the ICS. Thanks!

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

International Correspondance School? Didn't think that they are a professional association... Or do you mean something else?

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Bri1981

Bri1981 Byte Poster

Isc2?

Certifications: See signature
    WIP: MBA entry diploma
  4. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

5. Kitkatninja

While I don't know from first hand experience what the ICS is like, I do know that they have work together (ICS & BCS) in the past.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  6. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Good stuff, thanks Ken. I'm keen to apply; I'd like to attend some of the conferences but it's a shame they are all scheduled for such awkward times. It makes me wonder how much use I will get from my membership if I do decide to apply. :rolleyes:

7. Kitkatninja

That's the question, regardless of what association a person joins... There's a list of benefits here, and there's probably a larger list that you've have access to once you join. But there's always that will the benefits equal or outweight the actually cost of membership.

I guess it depends what you want out of it... When I joined the BCS, I wanted only certain things (plus support certain things) so what I get out of it outweights the cost of membership.

-Ken

8. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Very true. I think its probably worth my while applying for 1 year, see how it goes and decide at the end whether to renew again. The swingometer is currently leaning towards yes!