any good IT recruitment agencies out there?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by becks4eva, Mar 2, 2010.

1. becks4eva

becks4eva Bit Poster

Im currently looking for a entry level, desktop support role, however, i think there is a more proactive way to getting a job then just applying online...but the question is where to find good reputable recruitment agencies in London?
    Anyone know of any?

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCDST
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

No. They're all equally worthless.

Premier used to be good, but have turned utter ****e in the past three years. They don't even bother looking at your CV any more - I have 'Basic HTML' on my CV and this past week have received three separate roles from them for consideration - all development. I have NO development skills on my CV at all. None. They used to do a much better job of matching up than the other agencies, but are now just as toilet as the rest of them - so you may as well just punt your CV out to Premier, it-talent, oscar-associates, ashdown, rullion, abraxas, lynx, arm and rda

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Get onto Jobserve and find the kinds of roles you're after, see who the agencies are and don't just apply online also call them up and have a chat with them. If all you do is send an email all you are to them is a number, if however you call them up and talk to them it becomes more of a personal thing.

Agencies I have used in the past include Jonathan Wren, Hudson and Pathway.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Idunno likes this.