Any feedback on Advent Training?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by stevec, Oct 8, 2005.

1. stevec

stevec New Member

Hello

New to this, and posting on behalf of young relative - personally I am far too old for learning new tricks. The lad has had a visit from Advent training, and I wonder whether there is anyone out there with recent experience of them? There seem to be other threads on them, but the threads have gone cold, and only one person seemed to have clicked Advent in the poll.

Also, any comments on Career Development Loans? Is it all down to individual banks? Are you likely to get one if you have a poor credit record? Any info welcomed.

Hope this doesn't infringe any guidelines

Certifications: Far too old
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi SteveC,

If it's any consolation, there has been little or no negative feedback about Advent on our Boards, even though we may not have had much experience of them. You'd probably be better contacting them directly with specific questions, or even see if they have a Community board you can gather opinions from (although unlikely if not signed up with them yet). Sorry I can't help more on this.

Secondly, if you do a quick search (see the option above) for "CDL" you will bring up a lot of info and opinion (there has been a lot of discussion on this here in the past) on the subject.

Sorry if I appear vague - time is against me, but others will surely add to this soon, so please pop back. If you (or your young relative) plan on popping by regularly (and we hope you do), take a moment to swing by our New Members board and say a quick "hello" - nice to get to know you :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. iank

iank Bit Poster

Hi ive really looked into CDL's, there are 3 banks who do them Barclays, Coop, Royal bank of scotland.

you cant get them if you have any adverse credit.

I have also been seen by Advent, and they seemed to me comparable with other training organisations.

My advice is dont get rushed into things. remember they want your money so dont be fooled into thinking that you wont get a place.

Hope it helps