Any alternative to CBT Nugget?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Dave_unemployed, May 11, 2010.

1. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

Came across their site and really like one of their free video. But a bit pricey for me. So was wondering if anyone know an alternative to these guys? for Network+ ?

I wouldn't mind paying but probably budget around £50-75

Thanks!

Last edited: May 11, 2010
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Trainsignal however not at that price.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

£50-£70 is a cracking deal you wont find cheaper than that.

However you can find free videos from CBT and all the other video training places on youtube, have a search on one of my first threads that I ever posted on here as it has links and info about them. Although it may take you a day or two to get to the correct thread :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. JamesCG

JamesCG Bit Poster

PrepLogic is really good. I used them and was really happy with it overall. Pretty legit. Price-wise, they have some trial options but the best thing to do is call and see if someone can get you what you need for your budget.

5. Dave_unemployed

Dave_unemployed Nibble Poster

thanks guys!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP and MCDST
    WIP: 70-680
  6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

There is no 'Pretty Legit', they are legit, just a pain in the backside when it comes to unwanted sales calls afterwards.

They used to use a lot of the old Learnkey software, not a lot about LK these days tho.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  7. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  8. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Never used them but VTC are cheap.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  9. rockstar6181

rockstar6181 Byte Poster

I have found Testout and Trainsignal to be good CBT training tools. I like CBT nuggets but have found there approach in the past to be less to the point.

Certifications: A/N+ MCSA 2003
  10. Rik

Rik Nibble Poster

Preplogic material is excellent, I have signed up to the Unlimited Access for 2years, which gives you access to 99% of their material, video training, mega guides, printables, Audio Learning, Audio Quizes, Practice exams and think its FIRST CLASS, all accessible via website, stream video training.

So I highly recommend their material, they are a bit of a pain in the ass, when it comes to emailing and sales calls etc, they constantly also have sales on their websites so you should be able to get some good deals :)

A+ from me tho :)

11. albertc30

albertc30 Kilobyte Poster

Is it me or the buy button is missing on CompTIA A+ 2009?

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: 220-701 - A+
  12. Asterix

Asterix Megabyte Poster

I always use VTC as they are Cheap :D, they seem to be a lot lighter on content than other videos so i usually use these as a recap on the lead up to a test!

13. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Trainsignal's ESX material is the mutt's nutts. I've never seen CBTs as good. The only comparison is Elias Khnaser's ESX videos - but they're not as slick, not as well put together, and Elias' voice really grates after a while. If I heard 'voila' one more time from him I was on the verge of screaming :biggrin

If the rest of Trainsignal's stuff is as good, then they're definitely better than CBT nuggets

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  14. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Preplogic- Some of there sales staff are dam right rude :x

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  15. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Just do what I do with all salespeople. Tell them to piss off, or just answer the phone and leave it until they hang up.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em