Any advice welcome! Just passed Network+

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by olly811, Jan 25, 2010.

1. olly811

olly811 New Member

Hello all,

-Just passed my Network+ exam (N10-004).

-Looking to move into Network Admin/Engineer Career role. Have had 2 years hardware and upgrade experience with local IT company so felt I did not need A+.

What would be the best certificate to continue my career? CCNA? Security+? Server+? or any others I have not heard of?

Any help or advice would be most welcome here.

Thanks. Olly

Certifications: Network+
  2. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

The point of certifications is to show the experience you already have. For this reason I’d suggest completing the A+. Might not be as attractive with all this of talk of renewing every 3-years.

As for moving forward, do you have any Networking experience? If not you may want to look at getting some experience before attempting the CCNA. Natural progression may be the CCENT.

3. olly811

olly811 New Member

Thanks for replying, My previous job did involve some network experience. Basic Active Directory, Good DNS and DHCP practice and some routing protocols etc.

Am I correct in thinking that if I take the CCNA in 2 separate exams, then I will gain the CCENT and CCNA after completion?

Cheers.

Certifications: Network+