Another voucher question

Discussion in 'A+' started by JAG32, Feb 17, 2007.

1. JAG32

JAG32 Bit Poster

Hi guys

In a previous post I asked about buying vouchers with someone elses credit card as I don't have one of my own, and was told it was fine to do this as you recieve a voucher with a code that you use to book your exams.

I was wondering exactly how you do this. If I was to buy my vouchers from www.getcertify4less.com (I believe these vouchers are valid in the UK) do I book my exams from their site or from the the Pearson or VUE sites?

And finally I know you would have to set up an account say with Pearson or VUE to book these exams so would the voucher if bought on someone else's card show their details when you book it or the name of the account in which you set it up?

If someone could post the registration process for booking the exams it would be greatly appreciated.

2. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

JAG32,

Since I have never purchased vouchers from www.getcertify4less.com, I cannot say anything about that issue.

Just so you know, it's not "Pearson or VUE" but "Pearson VUE" testing centers. There may also be Prometric testing centers near you.

As far as the Prometric exam registration process, on the "Payment Information" webpage, in the "Promotion Code or Voucher" section, there's a question "Do you have a Promotion Code or Voucher?" where there is some linked text for _YES_ that you can click. After you click the linked text _YES_, you are asked: a) Discount type and b) Voucher Number / Promotion Code. I guess you'd enter the Voucher Number from the previously purchased voucher. Then click the [Validate] button. I don't think that the method of payment for the voucher would show up in Prometric systems. I'm not familiar with the VUE test registration process.

I hope this helps.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  3. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

Dude...the whole process starts and is explained on your e-mail containing your voucher number. Register yourself with Pearson Vue, book the exam using your voucher number and that's it, easy really.

Certifications: A+ Network+
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

If someome else buys the voucher for you then that is fine, the voucher code itself is not linked to you by name, it's just a 'credit' you can use to pay for an exam.

Get signed up with Pearson VUE, find the test centre, pick the time etc.. when it comes to paying for it (towards the end of the process) you will get a chance to put the voucher code in and then the amount due to pay should change to 0. Job done, now the easy bit, taking the exam ... :)

Alternatively you could find a Pearson or Thompson centre near to you and go in and possibly pay over the counter so to speak. You would probably pay more than buying a voucher online.

If you do decide to buy the voucher from Getcertified4less, then just be doubly sure you buy the right kind of voucher (International if you want to sit the exam in the UK). Also some of their voucher packs include discounted offers on testing materials such as Transcender. I mistakenly bought more than I needed to when I first got an A+ voucher. I think Getcertfied4less are fine, never had any problems with them, but read the small print just in case ... :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  5. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Indeed - the voucher is just that - and isn't tied to a name or account.

When I started on A+ somebody here had a spare discount one for A+ hardware, and donated it to me. It worked with no problems.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+