Another question

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Jaffa, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Jaffa

Jaffa Bit Poster

Hey guys..........

Hope your weekends were enjoyable & not as expensive as mine:sexie :berrr !
    I've already asked your tholughts on the XP exam and got some good answers. Another thing I was wondering was how many hours a day you guys study when preparing for an exam. I know it depends on how much you know about the material already and at present I'm only doing about an 1 hour and half a night. This seems to be all I can face with work being so busy at the moment. I just thought I'd see how everyone else is getting on!!! It just seems hard to get stuck in when you've been up since 6 in the morning!!:eek:

Cheers
    J

Certifications: CCNA MCP XP,SVR NT4 WKS, SRV ITIL, ACA
    WIP: MCSA 2003 Security
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hey Jaffa

I know exactly where you are coming from, I've been half heartedly studying the upgrade exams all year. So half heartedly I'm still not confident enough to take the exams yet :( When I did the MCSE I just put my life on hold, I studied between 1 and 3 hours per day and most of the weekends so one and a half hours sounds reasonable.

Phil

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi Jaffa

I think I'm with Phil with this one. Whilst my WIP states 2003 upgrade, I am whofully behind in any study, in fact I think I'm going to start again :(

But yes an hour to 2 hours a day was what I tried to achieve, but as we all know even that can be difficult with a full time job, house, family and just trying to live a life :cry:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Gotta agree with AJ on that. To be honest, I haven't studied at all since I started my new job at the start of the year.

I thought it best to at least " 'fess up" in my WIP :oops:

Jaffa, sounds like your putting plenty commitment in already - I reckon you'll do fine at that. :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

i was doing 1.5 - 3 hours study a day for 294 but ended up putting that on hold when i realised i couldnt afford to sit it anyway, and now having to sort out a mountain of paperwork to apply for my visa lol
    should be picking up some work when i get back to the UK so things should start to look up

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  6. Jaffa

Jaffa Bit Poster

Phew!

I thought I was going to have a load of replies telling me to stop being sooooooo lazy!!!! Its so easy when you get home to just sit in front of Emmerdale than tackle RIS!!!!!! Anyway I'll carry on with what I'm doing. I'm on chapter 10 of 14 on my Sybex book so once that's completed I'll skim through all my notes and look at the stuff I'm not sure on. I reckon I'll aim to take the exam in the next three weeks or so.

Have a nice day at work guys!!

J

Certifications: CCNA MCP XP,SVR NT4 WKS, SRV ITIL, ACA
    WIP: MCSA 2003 Security
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Jaffa

You are being SO lazy! You should get into a strict study programme of at least 3 hours a day and switch Emmerdale off and tackle RIS :onthePC. There does that help?

Currently, I am doing 2 hours per day on my Open University course. When I finish this in Oct out come the W2K->W2K3 upgrade materials and I hope to upgrade early in 2005.:eek: :blink

8. OffSide

OffSide Nibble Poster

None at the mo.

Just Bought a house me and the girlfriend and its a mission.
    Planning to get married soon (to the same girlfriend).... thats another mission.
    sorting out the honeymoon (still the same girlfriend)..3 rd mission.

Man she is everywhere !!! :biggrin

so you are doing good :biggrin

Certifications: N+ MCP 210
    WIP: MCSE