Another new member

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by BrizoH, Jul 25, 2006.

1. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Hi everyone,

I've been reading for a while and there seems to be a lot of helpful people on here.

A bit about me - I'm 28 and have been in IT for 7 years, starting from PC Support to my current Network Management role.

I've got plenty of experience but never got round to doing any certs - I'm the king of procrastination! However I'm thinking of contracting at some point in the future, so I'll be looking to go for MCSE and possibly CCNA to begin with.

I'm sure I'll be asking you all plenty of questions - particularly study and motivation techniques as that seems to be my weakness.

Cheers :)

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

With 7 years experience behind you, you should have no problems in familiarising yourself with the materials. Be careful though that you don't skip chapters in study guides because you 'think' you know it. There's always something that they stick in there and you end up thinking 'I never knew that'. 8)

3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome!

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and Welcome to CF!:biggrin

Umm i think take that MCSE on 1st then CCNA - if you havent ever done certs before that is!:biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

welcome aboard. 8)

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT