Another new joiner :)

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by bijomaru, Jun 30, 2009.

1. bijomaru

bijomaru New Member

Hi everyone. Thought I say hello and introduce myself a little bit as I think I will be here today since I finally started working on my A+.

I'm into IT since I was 8, even if back then it was just writing some simple games in Basic on C64. When I got 15 I bought/assembled my first PC with little knowledge that I don't even know where I gained. Since then I fell in love with RAM sticks, CPUs and rest of that stuff :)

I have always wanted to follow the IT professional path but could never get myself right onto the track. Whether it was because lack of motivation, money or being young and careless :) Now I run a small business myself doing repairs, upgrades and building PCs, so I have a lot of experience on hands. But I want to get certified for 2 reasons I think, in no particular order. 1) For my own satisfaction of being recognised IT professional 2) to secure myself a good job that I will actually like to do or become more successful running my own workshop if it all turns out well.

I am reading Mike Meyer's Comptia A+ AIO Book and watching videos at www.freeaplus.com and will try booking the exam sometime soon as I feel quite confident. I will go through the book and videos though to fill any gaps I might have.

Of course I understand there is lot of stuff I still need to learn, but hopefully with you guys providing me with some directions I will not lose my way. As I am more interested in hardware side, I would like to know what would be next step after A+. I reckon Network+ would be useful for me as I troubleshoot and set up networks sometimes. And then .... MSCDT ??

I was approached by Computrain UK yesterday and offered some nice package of training for MSCE & MSCA, but I'd rather go by my own route, save some money and be proud of what I achieved. I have to admit that reading this forum as a guest helped me to make that decision after reading about various TP and someone pointing at Google Maps to see where Computrain is located...

So, to conclude this way to long introduction, I'm sure you guys will be most helpful and I hope I will be of some use as well, someday :)

Robert

WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Only advice I would give is to learn your acronyms... starting with:
    MCDST
    MCSA
    MCSE

;)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. bijomaru

bijomaru New Member

:oops:

Right ..... Learned something already :biggrin

WIP: A+
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

Good luck with the studies.

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  5. madskillz

madskillz Nibble Poster

Hi and Welcome!

Certifications: MCSA, MCDST, ITIL v3 F
    WIP: 70-293
  6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security