another hardware question

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, May 15, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

As I am going to get another graphics card MSI 8600gt and more ram should I purchase another couple of fans?

I know my mobo Asus P5NE-SLI has 3 fan connectors obviousley one taken by the fan on cpu.

Will there be a place or places for me secure these fans in the case?

I havent opened the case yet as its only 4 days old

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

All depends on the case!

Most cases will ahve points that you can fit extra fans to. But these vary so much. 1 xase i have fits 2 x 120mm fans, 1 in fornt 1 at back, another had 4 80mm fans fitted, 1 front 1 side 1 top 1 rear and yet another case had room for 2 in front (120mm each) and 1 80mm in back.

My current motherboard has 4 fan connectors on it, 1 cpu, 1 system and 2 case fans as they are labled. however some fans can not connect to these as they have molex plugs on them that fit onto the same plugs used for teh hard drives, optical drives etc. check which you have / plan to get and what the mobo has, what your case has etc and make sure they all can go togther.

My desk setup has 2 x 120mm fans in front, 1 x 80mm in rear and the 1 cpu cooler all connected via mobo points and i think i still have 1 fan connector spare! (i know i've mentioned the fans before in one of your other threads for a total of 7 fans in my system!!)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

cheers for that I am of work next week so one of the days I will open it up and have a look in the case to see if there are any places for extra fans

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?